• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    After fears of anti-social behaviour, what the hell is the world coming to

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6967707.stm

ReputationRep:
    fair game, imo

ReputationRep:
    That's ridiculous. What is this world coming to?

ReputationRep:
    Obviously they have the right to ban groups. They might just find they go out of business quite quickly though if they ban old age pensioners.

But, if the group had been a group of students I think we'd probably all understand.

ReputationRep:
    Fair play.

Although its more likely to be a huge amount of *****ing about the old times, 'how things used to be', rather than antisocial behaviour. Although maybe they are one in the same....:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    we were not allowed to hae 4 of us at a campsite once - the ****************s!!!

if they were smart they would all book individualy and just meet up :p: take that system hehe

ReputationRep:
    If their policy is against groups I dont see why they should be an exception because they are all old, it wouldnt be particually fair and atleast the management are showing a commitment to remaining consistant regarding their policies.

ReputationRep:
    This is nothing really, compare it to this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

[sorry for the Daily Mail link couldn't find BBC one]

ReputationRep:
    It's evidence of the complete and absolute lack of common sense on behalf of a lot of people these days.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    They have a no group policy. Some smaller hotels do. I don't see a problem with it, my last hotel had the same policy. Some tourists boards even give hotels perks for not accepting groups like stag and hens. The hotel won't have looked at their age, just that they are a large group.

ReputationRep:
    haha wtf... madness

ReputationRep:
    This is what the article says in the middle:

But since then the hotel has been taken over by new management which bans large groups to deter hen and stag parties.
    How the BBC derived from that that the group was banned because of anti-social behaviour on their part is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    Seems fair to me.

ReputationRep:
    Seems perfectly fair

ReputationRep:
    If it was a group of 18 year olds or even 40 year olds that wanted to book they'd be refused, its hardly unreasonable to extend this to everybody.

ReputationRep:
    I think that it is perfectly fair for these men to have been banned. If the hotels policy is not to accept large groups of people then why should this group of men be any different from any other just because they are 70. The same with the lady in the hoodie why should she be exempt from the rules. If these rules are going to be in place i see no reason why elderly peopel should be exempt the question is, is it fair to have these rules in the first place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    If it was a group of 18 year olds or even 40 year olds that wanted to book they'd be refused, its hardly unreasonable to extend this to everybody.
    Er, yes it is. If it was 18 year olds or a stag party, they'd almost certainly be going out on the piss. A bunch of pensioners... not so likely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    I think that it is perfectly fair for these men to have been banned. If the hotels policy is not to accept large groups of people then why should this group of men be any different from any other just because they are 70. The same with the lady in the hoodie why should she be exempt from the rules. If these rules are going to be in place i see no reason why elderly peopel should be exempt the question is, is it fair to have these rules in the first place?
    Ever heard of common sense?

Nobody is going to be threatened by a granny in a hoodie, nor are a bunch of geriatrics going to cause any problems.

Of course it's not 'fair' to have these rules in the first place, but the fact is they do have them and they're bloody stupid if they stick rigorously to them for the sake of it.

At the end of the day though, it's the hotel losing money and making themselves look stupid, so hardly my problem. Certainly not the way I'd run a business though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libertin du Nord)
    Ever heard of common sense?

Nobody is going to be threatened by a granny in a hoodie, nor are a bunch of geriatrics going to cause any problems.

Of course it's not 'fair' to have these rules in the first place, but the fact is they do have them and they're bloody stupid if they stick rigorously to them for the sake of it.

At the end of the day though, it's the hotel losing money and making themselves look stupid, so hardly my problem. Certainly not the way I'd run a business though.
    I wouldn't say that I am threatening at all when I wear my BSMS hoddie i still get asked to help old ladies accross the road when i am wearing it. However I would still be asked to remove it so why shouldn't this lady. The should either be to solid rules on the matter and things should be down to the decression of the owner or there should be rules that apply to everyone to have anything else is unfair.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.