Sturgeon's Brexit Proposals - Who is she kidding? Watch

_Ddraig_
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-38366278

So Nicola Sturgeon just announced her proposals in regards to Brexit, dubbed, "Scotland's Place in Europe", and within that she somehow believes that Scotland could exist within the single market even if the UK (or rest of) ends up leaving it.

Main points of interests outlined in the paper:

- Devolved powers on immigration
- Devolved powers on protecting workers rights
- Respecting "Scotlands vote to remain within the EU"
- Safeguarding abilitiy to shape laws that affect Scotland

==========

Honestly, who is she kidding? Does she seriously think that the EU would allow for Scotland to remain within aspects of the EU even if the UK as a whole decides to leave?

Any Tom, **** or Harry could probably tell you the chances of that happening is pretty much ziltch. More fuel to the fire of 'indyref2' no doubt.
will'o'wisp
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by _Morsey_)

So Nicola Sturgeon just announced her proposals in regards to Brexit, dubbed, "Scotland's Place in Europe", and within that she somehow believes that Scotland could exist within the single market even if the UK (or rest of) ends up leaving it.

==========

Honestly, who is she kidding? Does she seriously think that the EU would allow for Scotland to remain within aspects of the EU even if the UK as a whole decides to leave?

Any Tom, **** or Harry could probably tell you the chances of that happening is pretty much ziltch. More fuel to the fire of 'indyref2' no doubt.
lol
Maker
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

==========

A lot of people in the know said Brexit won't happen so I am not going to say if Scotland can't become independent or it won't get more powers.
mojojojo101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No more ridiculous than the UK governments position tbh...
epoddoulc
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why would the EU want an economic burden like Scotland? Without England, the Scottish economy is pathetic! I'm just being honest, their oil reserves are pretty much dry...at least they can still sell their Scotch and expect to uphold a population of 6 million
Maker
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by epoddoulc)
Why would the EU want an economic burden like Scotland? Without England, the Scottish economy is pathetic! I'm just being honest, their oil reserves are pretty much dry...at least they can still sell their Scotch and expect to uphold a population of 6 million
Scotland's real agenda is to attract businesses in England to Scotland if it stays part of the EU.

A lot of banks and other businesses are going to move to the EU when Britain leaves and Sturgeon wants them to settle in Scotland.
epoddoulc
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Maker)
Scotland's real agenda is to attract businesses in England to Scotland if it stays part of the EU.

A lot of banks and other businesses are going to move to the EU when Britain leaves and Sturgeon wants them to settle in Scotland.
Spain has established it will veto Scotland, as usual Scotland wants to create more fuss. There should be a referendum for England, Wales, N.I regarding Scotlands place in the UK. I'm sure all three countries would vote for a Scottish exit.
Maker
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Spain has established it will veto Scotland, as usual Scotland wants to create more fuss. There should be a referendum for England, Wales, N.I regarding Scotlands place in the UK. I'm sure all three countries would vote for a Scottish exit.
There is enough difference between the Catalan region of Spain and Scotland to let Scotland in.

For one thing, Spain is not leaving the EU and the Catalans do not have to apply to stay in the EU.

Scotland don't have to abide by a referendum by the rest of the UK. No one can force Scotland to leave the Union and Wales and NI would never vote to expel Scotland anyway.

Are you pulling your arguments out of a cracker?
stoltguyboo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The woman is a bloody menace.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Scotland is creating fuss? What exactly do you think the biggest "fuss" going on in the UK now is? And how much of that is down to Scotland?

As for your second part... I'm going to just ignore it as I don't think your suggestion is a serious one.
username2808800
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

==========

If Scotland leave its their loss. Their economy would fall apart. They keep whinging but if Scotland voted to leave the UK that meant leaving EU which the SNP campaigned for.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...mic-abyss.html
ckfeister
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

==========

She talks like if Scotland is relevent, she is also a nationalist don't forget that she trying to slowly get powers back to make Scotland less dependent on UK dramatically cut trade with UK by trying to stall investment and boosting it in EU/USA etc... then do another referendum and leave UK, if I was PM I'd tell her to f off with her independence stance.
MeYou2Night
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
She is a self absorbed big headed XENOPHOBIC horrible person. If getting rid of her, means losing Scotland, I'd take that, along with the rest of the Scottish Nazi Party.
ckfeister
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...and-seemingly/

Spain will reject everything they can as they have independence movements too.
Len Goodman
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Pathetic woman. The UK decided to leave the EU and leave the EU we shall. If she doesn't like it she can go and live in Germany.
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Len Goodman)
Pathetic woman.
Why do you mention that she is a woman?
The UK decided to leave the EU and leave the EU we shall. If she doesn't like it she can go and live in Germany.
Is that what you'd say to the 48.1% of the voters that wanted to stay in the EU?

Frankly, for 1.9% of voters to cause a multi-year process to start, reversing decades of work, is insane. Polls since have shown that the vote would go the other way. The referendum should always have required a reasonable majority, as the process is so long. We're now in the position where, when Brexit is actually triggered, the majority could actually be against it. I suspect that was actually the case when the vote happened, but that people thought it was a forgone conclusion.
username2808800
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

==========

Scotland going independent meant leaving the EU . I don't think I have to say anymore.
Len Goodman
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RogerOxon)
Why do you mention that she is a woman?

Is that what you'd say to the 48.1% of the voters that wanted to stay in the EU?

Frankly, for 1.9% of voters to cause a multi-year process to start, reversing decades of work, is insane. Polls since have shown that the vote would go the other way. The referendum should always have required a reasonable majority, as the process is so long. We're now in the position where, when Brexit is actually triggered, the majority could actually be against it. I suspect that was actually the case when the vote happened, but that people thought it was a forgone conclusion.
Because she's a woman? In the same way if I was speaking about Corbyn or Obama, I'd be saying 'Pathetic man'.

And yes, that's exactly what I'd say. It was a democratic decision - those on the losing side should accept that they were in the minority and move on. The polls were comprehensively incorrect, and besides, the majority of organisations carrying out the polls were biased towards remain anyway. Also, a lot of people didn't want to come out in favour of leave for fear of being violated, humiliated, and dehumanised by those on the left.
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Because she's a woman? In the same way if I was speaking about Corbyn or Obama, I'd be saying 'Pathetic man'.
I don't see how stating their gender adds anything, but it could be interpreted in a certain way.
And yes, that's exactly what I'd say. It was a democratic decision - those on the losing side should accept that they were in the minority and move on. The polls were comprehensively incorrect, and besides, the majority of organisations carrying out the polls were biased towards remain anyway. Also, a lot of people didn't want to come out in favour of leave for fear of being violated, humiliated, and dehumanised by those on the left.
You should move to the US - you'd get on well with Trump. Don't forget to pack your tinfoil hat though.

The minority of voters, or the minority of the electorate? What would you say if another referendum voted for stay? When would it be appropriate to have another one? Frankly, given how close the vote was, I'd say soon.
epoddoulc
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

"Why do you mention she is a woman" = TRIGGERED
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads