EdriccoMarcco
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
You know what happened... and how about Japan?
username2110825
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by EdriccoMarcco)
You know what happened... and how about Japan?
I have a few German friends, so this straight from them - they had to study it 4 times (!) in Grades 6, 7, 9 and 10 (I think that's the same as our Year 7,8, 10 and 11). The way it's taught does kind of differ depending on region and school; one said that they were taught it in a sort of guilty sense, like they were being reminded of the weight of it? Another said their teacher just gave hard facts. Both concluded they weren't really being taught to question anything this time - for us in the UK, we're taught to question whether the war was started by Germany or not (WW1); for them, it isn't questioned, it's accepted as a fact they started it.

I'm afraid I can't comment on Japan, although it's been in the news a few times that marchers celebrate Hitler's birthday. On a curricular level I think they're taught to question things the same as us, but not so much their own involvement as in WW2, they were devoted to their emperor and the subsequent loss of an emperor did massive things to change the country.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (10)
13.89%
I need help researching courses (5)
6.94%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5.56%
I need help with my personal statement (30)
41.67%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (18)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.78%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
4.17%

Watched Threads