Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how much ums/marks do you need for an A* in both?
    what is the lowest you can get (as an average mark on the coursework) and still get an A* together... e.g. a B? an A?
    please help - it is stressing me out

ReputationRep:
    A* is really high, you need like 49/54 in a piece of coursework for an A* :O I'd assume it's somewhere around that in the exam as well, cause there's the same number of marks in the questions. Coursework is worth about 30-40%. If it's 30%, the lowest you can get is 66.6% in CW and still get 90% overall (Assuming you get full marks in the exam :P So that's maybe a B or a C. If it's 40%, then you need 75% in CW, which is probably an A or a B. There's also some number of marks for spelling, punctuation, and grammar (About 3 :P) but they don't make a huge difference really.

ReputationRep:
    In OCR its 270/300 in english language and 180/200 in literature, you really need to be getting A* in all your coursework to avoid not having to get full marks in the exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlyinyourdreams)
    In OCR its 270/300 in english language and 180/200 in literature, you really need to be getting A* in all your coursework to avoid not having to get full marks in the exams
    Yes, for OCR...

A* is essentially 90% UMS in both!

27+/30 in the exams = 30/30 UMS

54/60 = A* coursework

ReputationRep:
    Oh so, if you scrape A*s in coursework, then you're looking at around 26/30 minimum on each test paper. If it's a high A*, then 25, but that's minimum. If you don't get A* coursework, then you'll looking at full marks UMS for the A*, aka 27+/30.

ReputationRep:
    that sucks
    lol
    yes i am doing it with AQA
    ... I can't get an overall A* sadly - i should've worked harder!
    hopefully i can still scrape it^^
    thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    Well, with AQA A the whole exam is out of 540 (scaled), and the boundary this year was just over 450 out of 540 for an A*. Which I thought was pretty low, seeing as it's generally seen as 49/54 for an A*, hence 490/540. I managed to get an A*, with 3 courseworks at mid A (23/27, and 2 at 46/54) and one a low A* (25/27), and speaking and listening low A* (all 3 49/54).

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.