Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi!! does anyone know if theres any shared rooms in the connaught halls?!? I just got my offer of accomodation, and i'm a bit confused as to what it means!! thank you! xxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlotte_18)
    hi!! does anyone know if theres any shared rooms in the connaught halls?!? I just got my offer of accomodation, and i'm a bit confused as to what it means!! thank you! xxxxxxx
    For the first few weeks of term there are.

ReputationRep:
    thanks!! also, my offer only goes to the 10th of november!! do u think this is because it's not the accommodation i applied for?

ReputationRep:
    I think it means that you'll be in a single room by then.

ReputationRep:
    yea i shared a room in connaught for the first while in my first year. although its cramped its not as bad as some places because most of the rooms are comparitevly big! if your offer goes up until then it prob means they will move you to somewhere else after that. This can be good or bad depending on if you like the people you live with but generally they are quite flexible!

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to share a desk and things like that?

ReputationRep:
    yeah i rung them up and they sed u have to share a desk and internet point and stuff like that !! but he sed that most people move out after about 10 days!! so its not long!

ReputationRep:
    It's important to remember that connaught has its own computer room. Also, unles you are on a course which starts early, you wont be needing a desk for the first couple of weeks particularly.

I've got through 3 years without a desk.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm sharing a room in connaught. Not really sure how I feel about it but the rents cheap so it isn't too bad. Does anybody know when we find out what block we're in?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sharing a room in Connaught, as far as the internet connection goes I'm currently working on ways to share a connection without breaking the rules heh.
    Servers and wireless aren't allowed but as far as I can tell a wired hub or ethernet splitter should allow a shared connection. As the latter is about a fiver off amazon from what I could see if you're sharing and like your internet it might be worth the investment.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.