The Student Room Group

Hey white guys: we came up for some New Year's Resolutions for you -MTV news

https://twitter.com/MTVNews/status/810960588973035520

I'm black and more left leaning but this **** is just beyond stupid. In what world would they think this is a good idea and what good could this video even do?
This is is just ridiculous and is bound to create more division and hate.

Also **** them for the Kanye disrespect, he is and will always be a legend.

What do you guys think

Scroll to see replies

I just know this was thought up by a badly overweight White woman with purple hair and hairy armpits.

Don't worry bout it mane, I like yeezy too :cool:
The irony.

[video="youtube;CeejAcQePQA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeejAcQePQA[/video]

^that was from another mtv show fyi
Original post by xbiostudentx
The irony.

[video="youtube;CeejAcQePQA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeejAcQePQA[/video]

^that was from another mtv show fyi

She has a face like a horse, probably pony-kin I need to check my human privilege.
It's almost as though MTV is pandering to the idiot element of the youth viewership.

Either that or this is a pretty good effort to get everyone to remember that MTV is a thing that exists. Perhaps both.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
It's almost as though MTV is pandering to the idiot element of the youth viewership.

Either that or this is a pretty good effort to get everyone to remember that MTV is a thing that exists. Perhaps both.

Growing up I was exposed to this stereotype that right-wingers were simple minded fools who believed myths and were generally stupid and angry about nothing, that video is full of meming and a Black guy who is playing up to the stereotype of a simple minded idiot. I think leftists are unevolved.
Original post by l'etranger
She has a face like a horse, probably pony-kin I need to check my human privilege.

Growing up I was exposed to this stereotype that right-wingers were simple minded fools who believed myths and were generally stupid and angry about nothing, that video is full of meming and a Black guy who is playing up to the stereotype of a simple minded idiot. I think leftists are unevolved.

Indeed; the real racist thing is how the make the black guy say "YEEAHH" like he's singing on some cotton farm or on a kfc advert. Same with leslie jones on ghostbsters with that cringey hood blackgirl attitude. It's amazing how they don't see that as racist.
(edited 7 years ago)

**** mtv for the kanye disrespect tho
Original post by xbiostudentx
the **** u say honkey ass cracka

Indeed; the real racist thing is how the make the black guy say "YEEAHH" like he's singing on some cotton farm or on a kfc advert. Same with leslie jones on ghostbsters with that cringey hood blackgirl attitude. It's amazing how they don't see that as racist.

I'd already seen the video and didn't see the commentary when I wrote that but this is something I've noticed and it's why I've always hated the show, The Fresh Prince, it's based on Black people acting like Black caricatures to make White people feel good about their ready held stereotypes. The fried chicken comment killed me.

I'd prefer it if he acted like a ****ing adult if he wants to be part of the conversation.
(edited 7 years ago)
how the **** can liberals take this **** even slightly seriously?
this just reminds me of nazism - an ideology of hating innocent people because of things beyond their control
liberalism has literally become the new venue of racism!

it's absolutely depressing. consider the direction of society today:
1) people are intolerant of white people, especially the men
2) people are saying islam is a religion of peace despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary
3) people want to stay in the EU without any reason of substance

our society is ****ing itself inside out - we have become a civilisation of cultural suicide-bombing
(edited 7 years ago)
Almost as bad as the "HuffPost Queer Voices" FB page:

Reminder: Men's rights, white rights, straight rights, cis rights etc are NOT REAL THINGS.

https://www.facebook.com/HuffPostQueerVoices/posts/1340371376021299
MTV's Decoded will be the final nail in the coffin for MTV. The segment is pure cancer. Pure, unadulterated, white-bashing cancer.
its not that deep lol
Original post by sleepysnooze
how the **** can liberals take this **** even slightly seriously?
this just reminds me of nazism - an ideology of hating innocent people because of things beyond their control
liberalism has literally become the new venue of racism!

it's absolutely depressing. consider the direction of society today:
1) people are intolerant of white people, especially the men
2) people are saying islam is a religion of peace despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary
3) people want to stay in the EU without any reason of substance

our society is ****ing itself inside out - we have become a civilisation of cultural suicide-bombing

I don't. I ****ing hate it with a passion, I hate it more then right wingers hate it, because I get associated with it for being left wing.
Neo progressivism and identity politics are destroying liberalism.

There's nothing liberal in treating certain races, genders, sexuality like ****. You can't claim to want equality, then treat the other how you hate being treated yourself.

How the hell we got to the point where liberalism is synonymous with authoritarianism, prejudice and bigotry, I'll never ****ing know.

And I know I speak for a lot of liberals
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mathemagicien
How the hell we got to the point where the left is synonymous with liberalism, I'll never ****ing know.

And I know I speak for a lot of leftists.

A true leftist throws liberals into gulags. Liberals are tools of the bourgeoisie.

okay my mistake, fixed :rofl:
Original post by Zargabaath
I don't. I ****ing hate it with a passion, I hate it more then right wingers hate it, because I get associated with it for being left wing.
Neo progressivism and identity politics are destroying liberalism.

There's nothing liberal in treating certain races, genders, sexuality like ****. You can't claim to want equality, then treat the other how you hate being treated yourself.

How the hell we got to the point where the left is synonymous with authoritarianism, prejudice and bigotry, I'll never ****ing know.

And I know I speak for a lot of liberals

surely there's a difference between liberals and left wingers?
I'm a right winger but I wouldn't label myself "conservative", for instance, and conservative is basically the same kind of generalised label as liberal is for left wingers, but I'm not buying into either of them. a conservative is a particular kind of right winger and a liberal is a particular kind of left winger. for example, stalin wasn't a "liberal" just because he was a left winger nor can you say that about even bernie sanders. and you can't say that ron paul is a "conservative" nor could you say it about people like rothbard or nozick
Kanye is a C**T

But stop division

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sleepysnooze
surely there's a difference between liberals and left wingers?
I'm a right winger but I wouldn't label myself "conservative", for instance, and conservative is basically the same kind of generalised label as liberal is for left wingers, but I'm not buying into either of them. a conservative is a particular kind of right winger and a liberal is a particular kind of left winger. for example, stalin wasn't a "liberal" just because he was a left winger nor can you say that about even bernie sanders. and you can't say that ron paul is a "conservative" nor could you say it about people like rothbard or nozick

yep as @Mathemagicien pointed out, i've changed my wording, i meant liberalism the second time I said "left wing"

but you get what i'm saying now, a lot of *classical liberals aren't happy with this nonsense
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zargabaath
yep as @Mathemagicien pointed out, i've changed my wording, i meant liberalism the second time I said "left wing"

but you get what i'm saying now, a lot of liberals aren't happy with this nonsense

well you've got to admit that it's mostly "liberals" (not left wingers - I'd say that's a word that doesn't have this context because it is only an economic scale of belief) that justify and believe in this SJW nonsense, and they're massively more likely to buy into it even if some people who call themselves "liberals" don't necessarily all do it. they're more likely than right wingers to call people "fascist", "racist" etc just for criticising something that happens to coincide with a non-white group

Quick Reply