Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else registered for giving blood? Just picked a leaflet up today in the doctors and just registered online but missed a session today and won't be back again till 25th September .

Just watched the tour on the webby and doesn't seem all that bad really but take a lot just under a pint!? :eek:.

Also is anyone registered as an organ donor and could someone link me to the website for that please?

ReputationRep:
    Can't do it myself, sadly, but a pint's not really a lot, unless you're particularly energetic.

NHS Organ Donor Register

yea i am. have a look at http://www.blood.co.uk/pages/a1where.html to see if ones near you sooner.

im regiestered organ donor too, so if i die they can take practically anything. i applied with my driving lisence but have a look at http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/ukt/h...me_a_donor.jsp

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about the amount they take- it seems like a lot but I've never felt the difference, although I've had some nice interesting bruises to show off to people!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not old enough to give blood yet but I'm on the organ donor register.

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to decide about joining organ donor register I know you don't need them after you die but is making me feel a bit creepy :blush:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm too light to give blood, plus I've received it since 1980, but I do have an organ donor card.

My mum always gives blood - she likes the chocolate biscuits they give you afterwards. ;yes;

yea alot of people dont like the idea people react badly when they know im even down to give my corneas :rolleyes: its down to you really, dont be pushed either way

ReputationRep:
    I have given blood twice, I want to do it as often as I can but sessions dont always coincide with where I am at what time of year. I am also regitered as an organ donor. I picked up an organ donor leaflet from my doctors.

ReputationRep:
    just do it without thinking too much about things, its really easy just mind over matter and to be fair its worth going through a tiny bit of pain to help someone who is much worse off!
    ...and yeh the biscuits are good too!

ReputationRep:
    oh and another thing. giving blood is good for you too because when the old blood is taken from you, your body starts making new blood cells and in a way replenishes your blood, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jo7007)
    oh and another thing. giving blood is good for you too because when the old blood is taken from you, your body starts making new blood cells and in a way replenishes your blood, apparently.
    :rolleyes: Not quite.

ReputationRep:
    Registered donor. Gave blood once but they won't let me again for medical reasons. MY ARM FELL OFF. No, really, it's not at all bad, and you get that warm feeling inside afterwards, or is it the cold, chilly "where's my blood gone" feeling?

Joking of course. Give blood, it's a nice thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    I planned to give blood, but I'm not allowed because I'm diabetic. Really pissed me off

ReputationRep:
    They came to my college last year but i wasn't old enough, but now i'm 17 and i should do it because i'm a universal donor (O negative), but i'm really sqeemish too...

ReputationRep:
    I gave blood for the first time last week. It was nowhere near as bad as I was expecting! Once they'd actually inserted the needle, I couldn't feel it and they said that if at any point it hurt or I wanted to stop, to just say. Oh, they also keep the bags that the blood goes into under the bed, so you can't actually see it. Plus, you get free biscuits and drinks afterwards!

ReputationRep:
    Im not registered for giving blood but Ive thought about doing it... am registered as an organ donor though, they can have everything except my corneas :p:

ReputationRep:
    Give blood by all means, however organ donation is a different matter (I might attract critism for this view however), organ donation has it's disadvantages and what are the benefits?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dust44)
    Give blood by all means, however organ donation is a different matter (I might attract critism for this view however), organ donation has it's disadvantages and what are the benefits?
    Well, once I'm dead I don't see any advantages to keeping my organs. :p: Plus, I'll be too dead to care!

ReputationRep:
    it depends on your viewpoint, ask yourself honestly do you want someone else with your eyes??

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.