Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok not really sure wether this post should go here or in the leeds unis section lol. Anyway just wondering what people think of theaccommodation in leeds and what accommodation do you thinks best, i.e the plaza, the tannery etc
    any comments would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    well i'm off to leeds uni in september.. and i didn't bother looking around the private unite accommodation.. which plaza and tannery both are.
    Depends what uni are going but for the met i've heard that opal court is the best and i am biased here as i'm going to this accom, but james baillie park was the nicest for leeds uni in my opinion )

ReputationRep:
    I take it from your post that you havn't got accom yet? or your going ot uni next year? if its the former I would suggest sumwhere like the tannery. Just a tip stay away from Headingley Halls!

ReputationRep:
    im goin into the tannery for my first year :-) chose it over the plaza coz the plaza is rite next 2 leeds met and i kinda wna be with some other leeds uni students

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katern13)
    im goin into the tannery for my first year :-) chose it over the plaza coz the plaza is rite next 2 leeds met and i kinda wna be with some other leeds uni students
    The plaza will have the same amount of met/uni students. You do realise Leeds Met (civic quater) is not far from leeds uni don't you? The tannery is right next to Opal Court which is leeds met's biggest accom, so if anything the tannery may have more leeds met students.

ReputationRep:
    ah rite im not rly bothered either way! already got my room an im happy!

ReputationRep:
    Well yeh it's gonna be alot better than I had 1st year, i couldn't get a place in the tannery so had to settle for headingley halls, was horrible.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I have just confirmed Leeds as my firm choice! Now trying to decide what accommodation to go for!

Obviously want to pay as less as possible, en suite, self-catered.

Any good suggestions?! Liking the look of Clarence dock, maybe Leodis. Any good!?

Thaaaaaaaaanks!

ReputationRep:
    im a postgrad in the civil engineering department.
    can u tell me which is better charles morris or leodis??
    and also from leodis are there buses to and from the campus?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.