?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by fishy789)
I feel like I had a mini one when I was 11 where I grew two inches in two months but since then I haven't really grown. I'm now a 5'6 male who's 15.5 and my parents are both 5'2. Just because they're short, does it mean I'll be short no matter what? I'm told that guys tend to have another growth spurt around 16-17 years of age, is that true?
If you're already 4" taller than both your parents, then it could well be that your growth is over.
Desiboi101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeh it can be delayed, I didn't believe that it could happen "twice" but the doctor just said the level of hormones dropped and picked back up again all of a sudden for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
RobbieRotten0105
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Desiboi101)
Yeh it can be delayed, I didn't believe that it could happen "twice" but the doctor just said the level of hormones dropped and picked back up again all of a sudden for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
How tall were you and how tall are you now?
SCIENCE :D
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I actually never had any huge growth spurts, I just grew gradually until I was about 17 until I reached just under 6'2''. Everyone is different though.
KyleH123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No. Your great-grand parents height plays a factor in your height and even if your great-great-great-great-great grandad was tall, you could be too.

Generally men grow until 21.
l'etranger
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I definitely did, I had the weirdest puberty ever to be honest.
Angry Bird
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yes
SCIENCE :D
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
men do grow until they are 21, but most growth is done before you are 18. It is very rare that someone will grow more than an inch after 18 tbh.
xbiostudentx
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I only had one at the end of year 7. Was weird as hell because I got a deep voice and grew like 5 inches over a few months. Was 6' at the start of year 8 and people were like wtf :lol:
l'etranger
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by xbiostudentx)
I only had one at the end of year 7. Was weird as hell because I got a deep voice and grew like 5 inches over a few months. Was 6' at the start of year 8 and people were like wtf :lol:
Jesus Christ, I was 17 when I broke the 6'0 barrier but kept on growing. Before that I was really short.
xbiostudentx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by l'etranger)
Jesus Christ, I was 17 when I broke the 6'0 barrier but kept on growing. Before that I was really short.
The thing is I haven't grown a single inch since then. I'm at uni now and still 6'. Was pretty sweet being the (2nd) tallest in my whole year and the only person to be able to grow a beard though.

When did you get your second spurt, was it close to when you started lifting? I heard lifting in your mid teens and help you grow an inch or two more. I only started lifting at 18 so maybe I messed up, could've been 6'2 :shakecane:
rimstone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i had a growth spurt; can't remember how many inchs i gained and grew about an inch a year for 3 years after that, then i went to an inch in 3 years, no idea if ill keep growing.
l'etranger
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The thing is I haven't grown a single inch since then. I'm at uni now and still 6'. Was pretty sweet being the (2nd) tallest in my whole year and the only person to be able to grow a beard though.
This was another thing, it's only these past two years I've had to shave regularly.

When did you get your second spurt, was it close to when you started lifting? I heard lifting in your mid teens and help you grow an inch or two more. I only started lifting at 18 so maybe I messed up, could've been 6'2 :shakecane:
Probably 19 when I started pushing for the extra couple of inches. These past two years my face also massively improved. I find it weird because when I was a kid I was really androgynous. (Not in the medical sense of the term)
Jimmy Carr
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

I grew to 6'2'' when I was 17 and I didn't start lifting until a few years after.
xbiostudentx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This was another thing, it's only these past two years I've had to shave regularly.

Probably 19 when I started pushing for the extra couple of inches. These past two years my face also massively improved. I find it weird because when I was a kid I was really androgynous. (Not in the medical sense of the term)
I guess it's different for brown and white men. It feels like white guys get facial hair (if any) later than brown guys. Probably a trait to protect ourselves from that scorching middle east sun.

Was the face improvement just natural ageing or was it because you dropped your bf%? Most blond boys look androgynous when they're young so i dont think thats specific to you :lol: (i assume you're blond)
xbiostudentx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jimmy Carr)
I grew to 6'2'' when I was 17 and I didn't start lifting until a few years after.
How tall is your father?
l'etranger
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Loo
I guess it's different for brown and white men. It feels like white guys get facial hair (if any) later than brown guys. Probably a trait to protect ourselves from that scorching middle east sun.

Was the face improvement just natural ageing or was it because you dropped your bf%? Most blond boys look androgynous when they're young so i dont think thats specific to you :lol: (i assume you're blond)
I think it was both, it's definitely gained definition and oi I'm not a bloody bimbo, my hair is dark. I look more like the Mediterranean than the nasty nordcuck in that pic you posted.
Carthaginian
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm 15 5'11. Dad: 5'11 (possinly 6' but he's getting old and has spinal problems), Mother: 5'2-3.
I just had one major growth spurt, I think I stopped growing now.
xbiostudentx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Loo

I think it was both, it's definitely gained definition and oi I'm not a bloody bimbo, my hair is dark. I look more like the Mediterranean than the nasty nordcuck in that pic you posted.
Not the only racemixer in your lineage. :bandit:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (353)
46.45%
No (81)
10.66%
I'm not old enough (326)
42.89%

Watched Threads