Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    hey guys. just wondering if anyone knew waht kind of tv aerial type thingy is provided in most halls. in your experiences is it one that you put on top of the tv and wave about or is it connected to a roof type one. just that i want to connect a freeview box and i think u need a roof aerial one. any help much appreciated X

    In both of the halls I've lived in, there's a roof aerial. The first halls though, had a very weak signal, so it might be a good idea to get a signal booster too (wait until you're there before spending money on this if you don't already have one though, you could get a great signal).

    My halls had no aerial sockets at all - people who had a tv just bought plug in aerials and fiddled around until they got reception.

University open days

  • Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.