Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,
    Im coming from all the way out east in Canada. Keele has placed me in horwood hall specifcally the z-shed. Can anyone tell me how they are. A lot of older people were saying that they were crap, but may have recently been renovated. So if someone from Keele, could kindly provide me with some help I would much appreciate it. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    hiya :]
    im in Horwood Hall Z4-3 and also a bit worried about the lack of other first years there lol
    i wanted a room with a sink in it but they didnt give it me
    wandering how big this hall is then?

ReputationRep:
    Some of my friends lived in Z-Sheds. There are lots of them, its not just 1 block. I'd say its more like living in a house than other halls. Kitchens are quite big, but rooms are quite small. Quite a sociable place to live though. Nice place to have block barbecues out the back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akeel)
    hiya :]
    im in Horwood Hall Z4-3 and also a bit worried about the lack of other first years there lol
    i wanted a room with a sink in it but they didnt give it me
    wandering how big this hall is then?
    Hi akeel, im actually going to be living pretty close to you. Im in room z4-7 so not too far away at all

ReputationRep:
    oooo not far at all then ey
    so wot u studyin?
    glad i found someone nearby lol

ReputationRep:
    Im going to be studying medicine. How about yourself? Are you from the UK

ReputationRep:
    yep
    im from dudley,near birmingham
    im doing law and economics :cool: lol

ReputationRep:
    Oh nice so your moving in on the 22nd?

ReputationRep:
    yee shud b lol
    but im not 100 percent yet because they said they still might get me a room with a sink
    but i reckon ill still be there lol
    u?

ReputationRep:
    hey

Z- sheds r nice.. its 8 ppl per one. 1 shower, 1 bath and 2 toilets.

it has a really nice big kitchen and dining room table and chairs... the table and chairs massive bonus cuz many halls only have a kitchen and u eat onthe counters, hallway or in ur rooms..

Z-sheds are really socialble cuz everyone has a place to hang out - the kitchen and there are usualy loads of parties there.

Dnt worry about if u live w/ 3rd years.. we r great ! yes we will have to work @ some point.. but we know where to hang out and go off campus (ie cinema, bowling etc), whats going on.. know lots of ppl thus lots of invites to places, usualy more sociable n less shy.. and lots of xperience of keele!

x

ReputationRep:
    oo doesnt sound so bad now lol
    i did apply to move rooms about 10 times now ha!
    not sure they want to move me thoughh
    spose not havin a sink isnt toooo big a deall

ReputationRep:
    I think im in Z4-4, so does that mean akeel will be next door to me? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goingtokeele)
    Indeed it does

ReputationRep:
    Are the Z-sheds pretty close to the rest of Horwood? just out of interest, as I'm in Horwood M-block.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, Z-Sheds are part of Horwood. I'm crap with Horwood Blocks, so I can't remember exactly where M is, but it will be near Z Sheds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goingtokeele)
    yee i think so
    lol wot time u plannin on gettin there?
    dont wanna b the onlii person there ha

ReputationRep:
    I'd advise going early cus of all the queues you have to get in to get different stuff. I went at like 12 + it was the biggest mistake ever, didnt get into my room until like 1.30

ReputationRep:
    I was planning to get there at about 11, I think I might try to get there earlier though. Get the best cupboard and fridge space, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flash6289)
    I was planning to get there at about 11, I think I might try to get there earlier though. Get the best cupboard and fridge space, lol.
    That's precisely why I'm gettin to to Keele for 9, plus it means i get rid of the folks quicker so the boozing can commence

ReputationRep:
    9?? if every one tries that I'm in trouble, as I live 4 hours away. Its a 6 o' clock start for me then

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.