Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I saved my application end of May.

Thought it was submitted, apparently it wasn't.

Receive an email near end of July telling me that I will not receive accomodation unless I submit my application, so I am thinking what the hell? I submitted that application like 2 months ago...

I log in to discover that my application was saved, but not submitted.

NOW! I receive an offer for accomadation, but the 10 day time period that you are supposed to accept or reject your offer has passed, and I CAN NOT contact my father for his payment details since he is overseas.

I try to email accomodation, no response.

Did I get screwed or what?!

ReputationRep:
    You need to call accommodation for urgent issues.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Talya - don't waste time posting here, and follow your email up with a phonecall. A call will get a response a shedload faster than an email.... and in this situation it seems like time is of the essence.

ReputationRep:
    I called em, and at first, the dude told me I was screwed and would need to look at private accomodation. This kinda pissed me off so I kept on persisting. "It was beyond my control! I tried to email the office before the 10 days!"

Now, they calling me tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    If they haven't called by say, 3pm, make sure you call them!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    And whenever you phone ask for and write down the full name of the person you speak to - that way you're likely to get truthful answers AND you're likely to get the best service.

ReputationRep:
    It's not really their fault, but definitely make sure you get something sorted and as PQ said make a note of who you talk to, what they tell you and even the times when you call, email etc... Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    they didnt call...

i called em day after n i missed the Martin Dixon dude (but his line was busy) so they are callin me monday. sounds like im screwed.

ReputationRep:
    No, YOU call them back on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it's possible that you did not press submit on your application?

There are also plenty of private places around, which they can help you with, so I wouldn't count yourself as totally written off. If you are desperate to live in uni, there are usually halls rooms you can move into by the end of Semester 1 (if not a lot earlier); I have had to live in ensuite (because I need adaptations), and both last year and the year before, there's been at least one empty room in the flat (in fact this year there were 2 empty rooms all through Semester 2, and as soon as term ended there's just been me). That said, some of the availability will depend on your age.

If it helps, I haven't got my accomm yet either (but am hoping for some decisions next week).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swiftuk)
    Do you think it's possible that you did not press submit on your application?

There are also plenty of private places around, which they can help you with, so I wouldn't count yourself as totally written off. If you are desperate to live in uni, there are usually halls rooms you can move into by the end of Semester 1 (if not a lot earlier); I have had to live in ensuite (because I need adaptations), and both last year and the year before, there's been at least one empty room in the flat (in fact this year there were 2 empty rooms all through Semester 2, and as soon as term ended there's just been me). That said, some of the availability will depend on your age.

If it helps, I haven't got my accomm yet either (but am hoping for some decisions next week).
    I did pres submit.

iTalya YOU INSPIRED ME!

I sat up there that Monday morning... 5AM Canadian time, 10AM UK time and I called Martin Dixon, the dude at the accomodation office responsible for Law/Humanity students in Wessex Lane and I told him my story... at first he was like, "Did you try to contact us" He had access to all to @soton accounts I emailed and he knew that I wasn't lying when I told him I tried to contact him. I still think he ignored my first phone call and avoided the note left for him by the other dudes in the accom office, but aside from my paranoia...

he told me that my application would be resubmitted n i gotta wait 10 days but that I will probably not get my first offer cuz alot of offers have been made...!

mehhhh?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 4, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.