Turn on thread page Beta

Making things on my computer play on my TV... watch

    • Thread Starter

    I don't know what kind of cable I need to do it, and because all cables appear to have combinations of letters and numbers instead of names, I'm completely baffled as to where to start!

    Any suggestions as to what I need, an where to get one?

    Thanks x

    Assuming your PC has an s-video output, and your TV has a composite input (the little round yellow connector) you want an s-video to composite cable.

    If your TV only has SCART in, you'll need a composite to SCART adapter too.

    If your PC doesnt have s-video out, you need a completly different and more expensive VGA to composite adapter.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 29, 2007
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.