Maximum Tuition Fee Loan available? Watch

hid
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I would like to know what is the Maximum Tuition Fee Loan available for a student living at home, from the SLC. I am talking about the loan that pays off the university course fee - NOT the maintenance loan.

And also is this loan paid directly to the university by the student loan company and is there any interest on the loan, apart from the rise of it due to inflation.

Thanks
cpj1987
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The maximum is £3070 I think.
Some uni's still only request £3000 though.
It's paid directly to the uni, yes.
love_mojitos
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Intrest is charged from day one
You pay back intrest before loan
The tuition fee and also miantance loan are put to gether (I am sure)

So borrow £21k.... plus intrest and inflation.
hid
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
wait is there interest on the loan i borrow? One of the reps from the SLC came and told us that there is no interest on the loans, just inflation affects the loan.

Are you sure there is interest on the tuition fee loan?
snu
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by hid)
wait is there interest on the loan i borrow? One of the reps from the SLC came and told us that there is no interest on the loans, just inflation affects the loan.

Are you sure there is interest on the tuition fee loan?
And how do you expect inflation to affect the loan? There is interest on the loans, but the rate of interest is set at the rate of inflation, thus theoretically in real terms you should only have to pay back the same amount that you borrowed.
LeedsLad
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
There isnt any interest on the loans it us adjusted as per annual inflation rates and you start to pay this back once you are earning the required amount

Better to actaully as SLC as many people will profess on here to know these things but the company know better than anyone
snu
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by LeedsLad)
There isnt any interest on the loans it us adjusted as per annual inflation rates and you start to pay this back once you are earning the required amount

Better to actaully as SLC as many people will profess on here to know these things but the company know better than anyone
I'm sorry, but no. http://www.slc.co.uk/statistics/facts_figures.html see the section under "Interest Rate". Also see your annual statement. There is interest, period.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.3%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.26%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed