Please help me - I am in despair

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am 17 and made a really stupid mistake of engaging in a promiscuous video chat showing my face with a minor who was apparently 14 on omegle. I am in absolute despair about the situation and don't know what to do as I haven't eaten or slept for 2 days due to being so worried. I hate myself for it. Is there any way I will be tracked down and/or prosecuted? Have I been recorded and if so will I get caught? I have never done anything like this ever before and will never do this ever again and I have no interest in minors whatsoever, but was just simply caught up in the moment and I completely regret it. Is anyone able to help me out and reassure me? I'm so scared and I don't know who to tell, I feel like my life is ruined.
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am 17 and made a really stupid mistake of engaging in a promiscuous video chat showing my face with a minor who was apparently 14 on omegle. I am in absolute despair about the situation and don't know what to do as I haven't eaten or slept for 2 days due to being so worried. I hate myself for it. Is there any way I will be tracked down and/or prosecuted? Have I been recorded and if so will I get caught? I have never done anything like this ever before and will never do this ever again and I have no interest in minors whatsoever, but was just simply caught up in the moment and I completely regret it. Is anyone able to help me out and reassure me? I'm so scared and I don't know who to tell, I feel like my life is ruined.
What do you mean by 'promiscuous video chat'?

Was it just chat or something more sinister?
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
although this sounds bad the police are more interested in predatory people who have a pattern of offending. if this is just a one-off indiscretion where you were being a bit fruity then it is unlikely to be a problem.
elekro
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why are you worried? Did you get reported or something or are you just worried?

I'd say talk to one of your parents, the calmest/ coolest/ most understanding one. Or another relative that you are close to. If sh*t goes down then at least they will know so you won't have to worry about that too, and they will help you with it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (520)
33.74%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (638)
41.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (313)
20.31%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.54%

Watched Threads