Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone read the new CUSU Freshers Guide or the Prospectus? I haven't had a Fresher's Pack or anything from my college so I went for them at once.

I thought the Freshers Guide was a bit basic, but maybe the University itself issues leaflets or something that cover important points in more detail. Any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    i didn't think the CUSU guide was that useful last year, but then i don't think it really could be, when there's so much variation between colleges. we got a college fresher's guide which was much more helpful (but didn't arrive until after results day, for obvious reasons i suppose).

ReputationRep:
    I think most people probably won't have been sent Freshers' packs yet because results aren't out so it hasn't been confirmed exactly who is coming. I can't really remember the CUSU Freshers' Guide last year, but I didn't use it much - the pastoral stuff generally on offer is excellent, I just didn't find myself needing it. The college one was very useful though, more personal. And most of the stuff you really need to know you'll find out in Freshers' Week itself!

ReputationRep:
    Apart from what stuff to bring up - which is quite a useful section to read beforehand! Although my college guide and the main guide disagreed on that :rolleyes: (I followed my college guide's advice and it was all OK)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldthrashbarg)
    Has anyone read the new CUSU Freshers Guide or the Prospectus? I haven't had a Fresher's Pack or anything from my college so I went for them at once.

I thought the Freshers Guide was a bit basic, but maybe the University itself issues leaflets or something that cover important points in more detail. Any thoughts?
    The best guides I got given were not the CUSU Freshers' Guide or prospectus, which had to cover so many colleges and courses, but the TCSU freshers' guide (I assume most college students' unions produce them) and the course guid produced by the ASNaC society, which you will get upon arrival (it's called something like 'How to be an ASNaC' - I think it is somehwere online too).

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, i read an old CUSU alternative prospectus, it was really funny! This is going to sound childish, but the best thing was the cartoons in it , ones about sciences especially... They were hilarious. I hope they still have those in the new ones, or made some new cartoons

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.