Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone be interested in joining if i made a Boro Society for all us Boro fans...Well i say all of us, but at the moment, i only know me. Hopefully more will come out the woodwork!

This would just be a general place for us fans to discuss the day to day runnings and news from the Boro!

Up the Boro!!

ReputationRep:
    I'll join

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo!!! lol!

ReputationRep:
    i tried to start one but it didn't materialise. oh well lets hope this one does.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah hopefully!

Not sure how many people on here are Boro fans!

But least we've got this place to talk all things Boro! Whats peoples take on us being linked with Samaras before the close of the window?

For me, not very happy, dont rate him whatsoever. We Got 11+ Mill for Yak. Spend £10mill on Adriano if there going for a striker. I think we really nice a proper right winger, and Play Tuncay up front. That would be better

ReputationRep:
    i think we should get samaras as a risk signing. if the staff turn him good then thats asll profit from what i think. a lot of potential.

ReputationRep:
    Met a Boro fan who lived in Chiba once. No foolin'.

I actually quite like Samaras, but the problem is he's simply the same sort of player like Mido. We need someone like Farfan to play on the right hand-side and free-up Tuncay from that position. Plus an attacking mid. Rumours are suggesting Jarosik from Celtic.

Adriano will probably join Sven at Man Citeh or take the London option with West Ham. He won't come to the Boro, not in a million years. Its pure paper-talk, just like Riquelme.

But after his goal against Northampton last night, we must herald the start of the GOOK! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gaijin)

But after his goal against Northampton last night, we must herald the start of the GOOK! :cool:
    yep, was nice to see him score at last, he's been way too quiet so far this season.

loved it last night when rochemback took the free kick and cooper shouted "you'll never score from there!"...maybe he needs people shouting stuff at him more often?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzyd)
    yep, was nice to see him score at last, he's been way too quiet so far this season.

loved it last night when rochemback took the free kick and cooper shouted "you'll never score from there!"...maybe he needs people shouting stuff at him more often?!
    hey hey, don't ever doubt rocky. the guy has so much potential ability its unreal. if southgate can harness it we'll be reaping a hell of a lot.

also Dong Gook is another person with great ability (in the box) but he needs to get confidence.

ReputationRep:
    Good to see the Gook off the mark. If he can get the confidence, then i think he will be the sort of player we need up there with Mido. (If we have to play Tuncay on the right.)

But other wise for me its Tunc and Mido up front, with Tunc playing deep behind the get the ball and feed it through. He showed how it would work against the Barcodes last sunday.

ReputationRep:
    with samaras, he was really scoring for fun in his first ten matches for city which outlines his ability. TBH, not even thierry henry would've scored in that side.

if we get o'neil i can see a whole new dimension to our play.

ReputationRep:
    I've always liked Samaras personally; he has a great deal of potential, and all sorts of things can damage a player's development unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    I've always liked Samaras personally; he has a great deal of potential, and all sorts of things can damage a player's development unfortunately.
    yeah, like the fact that the man city team under pearce sucked. no cohesion whatsoever. but with southgate i think we are beginning to see what hes trying to build. performance wise, i went to the game against newcastle and it was the best technical play i'd seen from us for a long time. with this, i hope we really reap the benefits. also hes only 3 million so its worth a damn good shot.

ReputationRep:
    For £3m I heartily agree - you've got a player there for that price, Top Cat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TopCat06)
    with samaras, he was really scoring for fun in his first ten matches for city which outlines his ability. TBH, not even thierry henry would've scored in that side.

if we get o'neil i can see a whole new dimension to our play.
    O'Neil is having a medical at Boro now so, all going well, you should get him too.

ReputationRep:
    Samaras is bloody awful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    O'Neil is having a medical at Boro now so, all going well, you should get him too.
    thats good. i like his attitude.

ReputationRep:
    I like Gary O'Neil. Good player on Football Manager.

Could be the attacking right mid we've been crying out for. Which is good.

Mohamed Shawky has also joined Egyptian team-mate Mido at the Boro from Al Ahly for around 1 million euros.

We just have to get everyone fit now.

ReputationRep:
    Gary O'Neil just failed his medical.

Would this mean he wont be joining you guys? Shame, would have been a good addition to the side

ReputationRep:
    I would happily join.

I'm a bit annoyed that Century did not continue their association with Boro... listening to the matches on BBC Tees just is not the same.

We did get O'Neil in the end.... a good signing I think. Hopefully he will bring much needed balance to our midfield.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 28, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.