biology calculation question

Watch this thread
alevels2k17
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
can someone pls explain to me how this calculation question is done?

heres the markscheme

1. one correct calculation eg (1.5 ÷ 1.4) = { 1.07 / 1.1 } x bigger (1.5 ÷ 1.7) = { 0.88 / 0.9 } x bigger (1.8 ÷ 1.4) = { 1.29 / 1.3 } x bigger (1.8 ÷ 1.7) = { 1.06 / 1.1 } x bigger
2. between { 1.06 and 1.29 / 1.1 and 1.3 } x bigger ;
Attached files
hazybubbles
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
The mark scheme is saying any of those calculations will do to get you the first mark.

You need to divide either of the numbers from the white rhino by either of the numbers from the black rhino.

As long as the answer you get fits the calculation you have performed you get the mark.

However to get the full 2 marks you need to state a range from the smallest number of times bigger to the largest.

You find this by dividing the smallest white rhino number by the smallest black rhino number for the lower end of the range, and then the largest white rhino number by the smallest black rhino number for the upper end of the range.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.63%
As I expected (23)
30.26%
Harder (28)
36.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.26%

Watched Threads