The Student Room Group

Hows everyone revising for maths?

I'm taking the edexcel maths in june but kinda stuck on how / what to revise for it - any helps / tips ?
i answered all the questions in my textbook for my GCSE
Im doing the same I just finished 3 hours of revision I use a MathsWatch CD in combination with making notes And its a MIRACLE worker That and doing exam questions my grades and scores have slowly started increasing. I honestly was like a C student in Maths but honestly think I can get an A maybe even A* now.
(edited 7 years ago)
I am also taking the edexcel maths 1-9. I recently just finished my mocks and got a good idea of what the real test is going to be like. Personally I revised using sample papers which are published on several websites as they are were a similar difficulty to the real mock. When I got stuck on a question I asked my brother as he is studying maths at university but if you cannot do this you can watch a clip on MathsWatch which relates to the question or ask for help on here!
just do maths i guess.
focus on the topics you struggle the most on. maths genie is good for worked solutions+ questions by topic and has the new 1-9 spec
Maths is just one of those subjects you have to be doing daily so it sticks in your long term memory or you forget the old stuff and can only remeber the thing you did last, and in the exams they exploit that they're hoping you can't remember what you did like 10 months ago. As its likely to be staring you right back in your face in the exam hall, and you won't have a clue. Theres really no such thing as cramming at the last minute when its maths.

Quick Reply

Latest