The Student Room Group

Dry skin in winter?

My skin is usually good but even when I only have the heating on for a short time or the air is cold it gets wrinkled on my forehead in winter. How do I stop this? :s-smilie: I moisturise but after cleansing or washing it gets dry
Have you considered trying a different moisturizer, if that one hasn't been helping?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by shadowdweller
Have you considered trying a different moisturizer, if that one hasn't been helping?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did yeah :frown:
I would suggest adding something like coconut oil or rosehip oil into your skin care routine. They can be expensive products, but Asda have brought out their own extra virgin coconut oil for something like £3.50, a steal, and it has nothing but rave reviews. Apply morning and night, it is far more moisturising than moisturiser and great to face the cold with!
Reply 4
Original post by EmEmTheFairy
I would suggest adding something like coconut oil or rosehip oil into your skin care routine. They can be expensive products, but Asda have brought out their own extra virgin coconut oil for something like £3.50, a steal, and it has nothing but rave reviews. Apply morning and night, it is far more moisturising than moisturiser and great to face the cold with!

Do you use it instead of moisturiser? :smile:
Original post by Ccarst
Do you use it instead of moisturiser? :smile:

I'm a bit crazy for skin care, I actually use both! Because of how bad the weather has been to my skin this season, I apply a thin layer of oil to my face before applying moisturiser. Does the trick for me!
Reply 6
I'm a bit crazy for skin care, I actually use both! Because of how bad the weather has been to my skin this season, I apply a thin layer of oil to my face before applying moisturiser. Does the trick for me!

Thanks! What moisturiser do you use? Also, is it solid or liquid coconut oil?
Original post by Ccarst
Thanks! What moisturiser do you use? Also, is it solid or liquid coconut oil?

I use Sukin moisturiser which has rosehip oil as its main ingredient, you can purchase their regular moisturiser at Holland & Barrett :smile: It's solid, it melts as you rub it into your skin. I would definitely recommend trying it!
Reply 8
You could mix your moisturizer with olive oil as well, it helps in keeping the skin supple and soft.
Just a drop with your moisturizer will do the deal! :smile:
Reply 9
I use Sukin moisturiser which has rosehip oil as its main ingredient, you can purchase their regular moisturiser at Holland & Barrett :smile: It's solid, it melts as you rub it into your skin. I would definitely recommend trying it!

Thank you, I might buy it as my brother works there :smile: :biggrin:

Original post by Vanny17
You could mix your moisturizer with olive oil as well, it helps in keeping the skin supple and soft.
Just a drop with your moisturizer will do the deal! :smile:

That's a good idea I have some in the cupboard, thankyou! :smile:
Try put some cream that stays for long and for your lips, use that lipstick thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ccarst
Thank you, I might buy it as my brother works there :smile: :biggrin:

That's a good idea I have some in the cupboard, thankyou! :smile:

No problem! :smile:
You could try an emollient wash, because they re used for many skin conditions they ll give your skin plenty of moisture:smile:
I would defo suggest doing turmeric mixed with yoghurt and honey and olive oil facial mask treatments. It's natural, moisturising and anti ageing. Defo use almond, coconut, olive oils as moisturisers as well as pure Shea butter. If you're thinking 'ew why would I put yoghurt on my face why the hell would that work?' My aunties have been doing it for a long time with these remedies being passed down generation to generation and their skin is always soft and moisturised with them looking very young for their ages! I do it too. Defo put honey on ur forehead, and wash off after a convenient time!
Reply 14
Original post by claireestelle
You could try an emollient wash, because they re used for many skin conditions they ll give your skin plenty of moisture:smile:

What are those sorry? :colondollar: Which one should I get?

Original post by Jp Ahmad
I would defo suggest doing turmeric mixed with yoghurt and honey and olive oil facial mask treatments. It's natural, moisturising and anti ageing. Defo use almond, coconut, olive oils as moisturisers as well as pure Shea butter. If you're thinking 'ew why would I put yoghurt on my face why the hell would that work?' My aunties have been doing it for a long time with these remedies being passed down generation to generation and their skin is always soft and moisturised with them looking very young for their ages! I do it too. Defo put honey on ur forehead, and wash off after a convenient time!

Thanks, how much turmeric do I put in? :smile:
Original post by Ccarst
What are those sorry? :colondollar: Which one should I get?
:smile:

They re like medicated creams and washes, e45 and oilatum have a good range of them
Original post by Ccarst
My skin is usually good but even when I only have the heating on for a short time or the air is cold it gets wrinkled on my forehead in winter. How do I stop this? :s-smilie: I moisturise but after cleansing or washing it gets dry

You look like you've just committed murder.
Reply 17
Original post by claireestelle
They re like medicated creams and washes, e45 and oilatum have a good range of them

So an e45 cream or face wash then? :smile:
Thanks, how much turmeric do I put in? :smile:

Just type in 'turmeric face mask' or 'moisturising face mask' or 'natural face mask for dry skin' etc on YouTube and millions of videos will come up with women and girls making it step by step etc. it also motivated me to fix up my skin care routine after watching theirs!
Original post by Ccarst

i found changing moisturiser really helped!
i was using E45 but as its parrafin based, the wax actually just clogs the pores and i was finding my skin was getting more dry.

i now use Yes to Carrotts body lotion on my face and hands, its a super light moistureiser so doesnt go claggy, and it keeps my face really moisturised during the bitterly cold northern seaside winds!

Quick Reply

Latest