Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know its possible to have you hair chemically straightened at the hairdressers, and thats usually a full head of hair. However, is it possible to just have your side fringe chemically straightened and the rest of your hair left natural?

ReputationRep:
    You'd have to ask, i know boots do a kit now for about £20. Chemical Straightening is reeeeeeeally bad for your hair though, i was once tempted to get it and then found out how bad it makes your hair and backed out :/

ReputationRep:
    Cool thanks, I didn't know about that. Whats it called, this product from boots?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.boots.com/shop/product_de...tionid=1037299

never tried it, but am tempted

ReputationRep:
    Hi I put my first entry up in may which was when I used this.
    Four months later. Ive lost 3 inches of length.
    My hair is damaged beyond belief.
    I have spent £300 on professional treatments and products in that time in an attempt to reapir it. No chance.
    This is the worst product on the market. There is no way anyone should risk it.
    It should never have been released on an unsuspecting and trusting public.
    Im so angry Im seriously thinking about taking them to court.

^^Did you treat your hair once you had chemically processed it?? by that I actually mean, gone to a hairdresser so they could see the damage of your hair and let them treat it properly????

ReputationRep:
    omg ziggysue thats so bad. chemically straightening your hair should be done at the hairdressers only, boots shouldnt really sell the boxed one.i reckon u can just get yur fring done but beware of the aftecare needed!!
    x

ReputationRep:
    my hair has been ruined by it as well - the ends are frizzy and dry beyond belief, despite using conditioner and leaving it on for agggeesss!!
    i only used about 1/3 of the stuff as well, and didn't leave it on for as long as it said cos I was worried it might damage it!

i'm not really sure it made my hair much straighter anyway!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.