Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    right, we have quite a few computers in my house.. and currently my one is broken, so i'm making do with the older 'general' computer.
    problem is, it blocks ALL PDF files, any downloads[wont let me download attachments in emails, or even download the latest adobe flash player] etc.
    I'm using firefox, and it just comes up with 'This object has been blocked' whenever i try to do the above.
    I've turned off two of my virus checking things, which could have made a firewall, and there's still no difference.

anyone know what i can do??

p.s. it's not just a firefox thing - IE also blocks all these files

ReputationRep:
    Looky here:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Object_has_been_blocked

ReputationRep:
    hmm.. nothing has changed..
    I mean, I HAVE got ZA on my pc, but there is no 'privacy' link anywhere in the programme..

ReputationRep:
    Try switching ZA off temporarily. Remember to clear the cache in Firefox or you'll keep getting the same message. Tools -> Clear Private Data

ReputationRep:
    that's what i usually do - just turn off ZA.
    but no.. it still isn't working.
    effs sake..

ReputationRep:
    So youve turned everything off firewall wise and your still getting it?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stepheh)
    that's what i usually do - just turn off ZA.
    but no.. it still isn't working.
    effs sake..
    I found that even if you turn ZA off with the menu or whatever, it still actually runs in the background so it could still be that...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.