Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know everyone must get fed up with people wanting reassurances and advice over their uni courses, but i need some too! Basically I'm unsure whether the Business Economics degree i have set about applying for, for entry in 2008, is respectable? I've noticed that alot of places e.g. leeds, durham, newcastle, have the entry requirements the same as straight economics, surely this is a positive? My reason for not doing straight economics is avoiding the maths (!), and enjoying the business aspect, although i know the BA's such uni's offer have substantially less maths content. Would i be better applying to one of these straight economics degrees, or going for the course i am currently thinking of? I am hoping for AAB at A Level
    Thanks for any replies

ReputationRep:
    I just changed from BA Economics to BA Business Economics this year. They are both well respected, just choose what you would be most interested in. I changed to business economics because I wanted to avoid economic history (Keynes, Smith etc) and focus on modern applied economics.

ReputationRep:
    How much maths is there involved in BA economics?

ReputationRep:
    Depends completely on what university are offering it and what modules you choose. I'll be doing a BA Economics joint with Economic History and even though it's a BA joint honours 1/3 of my first year will still be Maths/Stats.

Look into the individual courses, there is no set answer for that question.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 30, 2007

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.