Tashie2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey there Dudes, Was just wondering if anyone had received any offers from anywhere? I have one for Liverpool but that's my last choice so hoping they're just early replying and that I've not been rejected from the others :P
Banana fana
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tashie2)
Hey there Dudes, Was just wondering if anyone had received any offers from anywhere? I have one for Liverpool but that's my last choice so hoping they're just early replying and that I've not been rejected from the others :P

CONGRATS! I've heard nothing at the minute, I've only had interviews for Nottingham and Glasgow (both within the past three weeks) and I have another interview in January.
username2703735
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Got an Offer from Liverpool though really holding out for RVC so fingers crossed
seize_the_day
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Surrey started handing out offers back in November. Nottingham started last week, and both Liverpool and RVC have handed out some today. There should be more appearing in due course, I think!
sarah_dorrian
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I just received offers from Liverpool and RVC today I'm honestly so delighted, I really wasn't expecting to hear from them so soon!
Banana fana
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Posted from TSR Mobile
CONGRATULATIONS!! 🎊 I regret not applying to rvc tbh...
sarah_dorrian
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you ☺️ yeah I didn't really know much about RVC when I applied, but they were really friendly at interview and made you feel at ease!

Posted from TSR Mobile
LailaLiquorice
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got an offer from the RVC too yesterday! I really wasn't expecting to hear until next month but this has been the best early Christmas present ever! The people at interview were so nice and friendly, they really made you feel welcome.
I've been rejected from Surrey because I didn't see the questionnaire in time (absolutely gutted since they were my first choice) and I haven't heard from Bristol yet.
piplikesbacon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Surrey: AAB
Liverpool: AAA
At this moment in time Surrey's my first choice but I still have an interview left to go and a decision from Notts, absolutely chuffed to bits as I was only expecting one interview at a maximum!!! Best early christmas present ever
livibungle
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I received an offer from RVC last week which I was so excited about! It's not my first choice though :/ Congratulations everyone!
User0101
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm selling some brand new/barely used vet equipment/clothes as I had to leave the Nottingham vet course after a few weeks if anyone is interested PM me-I will be selling cheap as the compulsory equipment is expensive!! X
TheVirtualPhoton
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Does anyone know if RVC will send out the rest of their offers together or spread out? And if spread out when are they likely to begin/finish?
Cowie315
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by piplikesbacon)
Surrey: AAB
Liverpool: AAA
At this moment in time Surrey's my first choice but I still have an interview left to go and a decision from Notts, absolutely chuffed to bits as I was only expecting one interview at a maximum!!! Best early christmas present ever
Contagats on the offers, I will be going to Surrey in September, hopefully see you there
piplikesbacon
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Cowie315)
Contagats on the offers, I will be going to Surrey in September, hopefully see you there
Thanks and congratulations to you too! Surrey is my insurance at this moment in time but I'm still going to interview at Edinburgh and need to hear my fate from Nottingham following interview! I'm going to the applicant day though, so maybe I'll see you there
Cowie315
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by piplikesbacon)
Thanks and congratulations to you too! Surrey is my insurance at this moment in time but I'm still going to interview at Edinburgh and need to hear my fate from Nottingham following interview! I'm going to the applicant day though, so maybe I'll see you there
I haven't had an invite to the applicant day, I think because hey are already my firm etc. Would be nice to see potential class mates though!
Little Tail Chaser
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TheVirtualPhoton)
Does anyone know if RVC will send out the rest of their offers together or spread out? And if spread out when are they likely to begin/finish?
Historically it's been spread out in batches. When I applied (2015 cycle) there were about three lots but even after then more people were accepted.

The Facebook group for 2017 offer holders only has around 30 people and while not everyone has Facebook/is aware of the group I think it's fairly safe to say that there are more offers to be given out

Honestly, no news is good news. When I applied I had a grand total of 0 offers before the end of February and ended up with four Some vet schools like to take their sweet time.

Good luck for hearing back
Banana fana
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you dont mind me asking where did you apply for and where are you currently studying?
Little Tail Chaser
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Banana fana)
If you dont mind me asking where did you apply for and where are you currently studying?
Studying at RVC, applied there and Edinburgh, Bristol and Liverpool.
piplikesbacon
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Cowie315)
I haven't had an invite to the applicant day, I think because hey are already my firm etc. Would be nice to see potential class mates though!
everyone who has an offer is invited at a later date
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.3%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.43%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.99%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.37%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.91%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.84%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.89%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.26%

Watched Threads