Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So am I correct in assuming that we cant connect to the internet in our rooms until we have a King's ID and password and that this is given to us at enrolment?

Does this mean then that we have no access to the internet for those first few days? :eek:

I know, I know... i'm a bit of a geek but I really don't like the idea of being without internet for that amount of time!

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    depends where you are i think. some apartments have wireless.

That's just a 'I think'. correct me if i'm wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosslyn)
    depends where you are i think. some apartments have wireless.

That's just a 'I think'. correct me if i'm wrong.
    Thanks for the reply...i'm in SSA which I believe has a hardwired connection. But I think even if it is wireless, you still need a king's ID and password to use the internet. I'm under the impresion that you have to 'log in' so to speak

ReputationRep:
    oh my gosh! we don't enroll till weds! annoying...maybe any monday enrollers will be kind enough to let use their details?...cnt believe we won't have any internet over the weekend!! That KCL freshers meet up is gna be awkward in the final stages
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    At intercollegiate halls, you just plug in and you're connected. You don't need a password or anything. Dunno about King's.

ReputationRep:
    Yep thats right you cant get internet until you register! Most of us were stealing wireless from the local houses near halls for the first few days!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sags_3)
    Yep thats right you cant get internet until you register! Most of us were stealing wireless from the local houses near halls for the first few days!!!
    Argh! I can't believe it...I can't remember the last time I was without internet for that many days! Mind you, you can get internet in Starbucks etc right? And along the South Bank I believe...you just have to pay!

But then again maybe I should see it as a chance to cut back on computer use!!

ReputationRep:
    ummmm so gimme a date, when exactly will we be able to connect to the internet?
    I thought SSA had wireless as well o_O

ReputationRep:
    Well I think we can connect when we have a King's email and password which is whenever we enrol..the 19th for Law students...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 3, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.