The Student Room Group

Am I wasting my time with him?

I can't imagine being with my current boyfriend for years or it lasting a particularly long time, but we've only been properly together for just over a month. I enjoy the time we spend together usually, but I haven't been missing him for the time I've been home for the holidays.

Are these bad signs that I'm going to be wasting my time with him, or is it normal for this early and will it get better over time?
Reply 1
Just chill, see where it goes, if feels the same in a few months end it.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I can't imagine being with my current boyfriend for years or it lasting a particularly long time

I think you've said it all...

If he's like that too then there's no problem but if he's in love with you it's better to end it now than in a few months/years... Think about him too and what it will do to him.
Not exactly giving the relationship much time, though I can understand where you're coming from.

Relax and enjoy the present moment. See where things lead. :smile:
If it's not meant to be then it will fall to pieces naturally anyway so don't worry about it- as long as you're enjoying it in the moment.
Reply 5
I also forgot to mention that some people close to me don't like him much and I turned down another guy for him, which is why I was having doubts so early. I think I'm just trying to avoid any possible 'I told you so's. Thank you for the response though :smile:
I can't imagine being with my current boyfriend for years or it lasting a particularly long time, but we've only been properly together for just over a month. I enjoy the time we spend together usually, but I haven't been missing him for the time I've been home for the holidays.

Are these bad signs that I'm going to be wasting my time with him, or is it normal for this early and will it get better over time?

depends what you want and what you mean by a waste of time? It sounds ok, but nothing long term. is that what you want or would you rather be single?
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
depends what you want and what you mean by a waste of time? It sounds ok, but nothing long term. is that what you want or would you rather be single?

I'm just conscious of investing time into being with him when I could be doing something else? And I don't want to end up developing deep feelings just to be screwed over at some point.
I'm just conscious of investing time into being with him when I could be doing something else? And I don't want to end up developing deep feelings just to be screwed over at some point.

How old are you both?

Why would you get screwed over. most relationships will not last otherwuse they would eb your life partner. As far as I can see its perfectly ok , but nothing special ( you dont miss him). Stick at it for as long as its better than being single. I'd be surpised if you lasted another 3 months.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending