Most unis prefer you have taken it as an AS/A2
    44.44%
    Most unis prefer you HAVE NOT! taken it as an AS/A2
    16.67%
    It doesn't even matter at most unis
    38.89%

ReputationRep:
    hey :tsr2:

i wanted to take economics for AS and probably A2 (assuming i do well enough in the first year:p: ) however, the class is full (i enrolled pretty late) so now i'm not sure if uni's would prefer taking in people who have taken it already at AS/A2 level, whether it really wouldn't matter much, or i have heard that some unis actually prefer you having NOT TAKEN it at all.

please help me, any information/advice would be good.

(oh and instead of economics i'm taking English Langauge and Literature <<wise choice??) :p:

ReputationRep:
    most universities don't mind either way. some say that they'd rather start from a fresh, but they won't discriminate against you for it. Bath, however, are pretty strict about you having it - which i thought was harsh considering my school didnt even ofter it..

I'd say take it; if only to confirm your interest in the topic.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it matters at most universities. :ditto: to what the 2 above have said.

ReputationRep:
    #3 but if you take it it is easier to write a good PS imo.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 30, 2007

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.