The Student Room Group

Eligibility for ITT bursary

Hi, I am applying for school direct to do computing. What is the eligibility criteria from the student perspective - I know the course is eligible.

Thanks
Original post by mmegraw
Hi, I am applying for school direct to do computing. What is the eligibility criteria from the student perspective - I know the course is eligible.

Thanks

Hi,

If the course is eligible then you can apply for the tuition fee loan along with the maintenance loan. Also if you have dependent children then you can apply for parents learning allowance and childcare grant.

Thanks.
Reply 2
I'm specifically asking about the bursary - with this route (ITT school direct) there is a bursary of up to 25,000 available for living costs.
Original post by mmegraw
I'm specifically asking about the bursary - with this route (ITT school direct) there is a bursary of up to 25,000 available for living costs.

Hi,

This is not through Student Finance England, we only provide tuition fees and maintenance loan.

Thanks.
Reply 4
I didn't know that it's not through SFE. Would you be able to answer my query though because When I check on the Getintoteaching website they say that "To receive a bursary or scholarship you must be entitled to support under the Student Finance England criteria." I'm specifically looking for criteria in regards to residency. I'm a UK resident but have been coming and going to the country in the last 2 years but will be fully resident for a year come September 2017. Thanks b
Original post by mmegraw
I didn't know that it's not through SFE. Would you be able to answer my query though because When I check on the Getintoteaching website they say that "To receive a bursary or scholarship you must be entitled to support under the Student Finance England criteria." I'm specifically looking for criteria in regards to residency. I'm a UK resident but have been coming and going to the country in the last 2 years but will be fully resident for a year come September 2017. Thanks b

Hi,

Our residency criteria is to be resident in the UK for 3 years prior to the start of your course, or you need to provide evidence why you have broke the residency and that is was only on a temporary basis.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending