Mocks in January Watch

Jodie_mort
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Ways to revise research methods, memory and attachment?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ruthie2267
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(I do AQA psychology btw so some of this advice might not apply to you if you're on a different exam board :P )

For memory and attachment I did loads of mindmaps, but it really depends on how you learn. There's quite a few quizlets for Psychology which I find really useful for testing my knowledge of study statistics etc. It's always useful to print off the spec and check you've gone over everything, and I always find it useful to then chat about the stuff I've revised e.g. with fellow classmates or just talking at my mum about Loftus and Palmer etc :P . If you're on AQA then make sure you're really confident on the studies for memory and attachment - know the procedure and the findings for Ainsworth and Loftus and Palmer etc; so many people in my class lost a load of marks in our AS mock because they got the attachment types mixed up!
I think it's a good idea to think of general evaluation points you can use as well (e.g. any practical applications); that way there's less pressure to remember individual research support studies :P

Research methods is a bit harder - I'd suggest just keep doing practice questions. (If you're on AQA their textbook has loads of practice questions at the back of the RM section). Look at past papers as well and try to do those in timed conditions - that'll get you used to planning for essay questions etc, and also for the level of research methods expected .

I hope this gives you some ideas?? honestly the main thing is just to make sure you understand the concepts if you're on AQA and ever want to chat about psychology feel free to PM me!
Findlay6
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Apply your knowledge of memory to help you revise.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (146)
58.87%
No (102)
41.13%

Watched Threads