Hitler's rise to power Watch

cheryne
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What were the METHODS used by Hitler to help him rise to power? (I know that propaganda was one of them) but are there any other ones? Thank you
TSR Jessica
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Fox Corner)
x
Connor27
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by cheryne)
What were the METHODS used by Hitler to help him rise to power? (I know that propaganda was one of them) but are there any other ones? Thank you
He used the "terror" aka the SA/SS/Gestapo to intimidate people into supporting him for example they regularly stormed communist party meetings and beat and killed the attendees.

If we are including the chancellor to fuhrer period (so the year 1933), he pressured Hindenburg (the president) to use article 50 of the Weimar constitution to make laws by decree that supported the nazis. A good example of this is the law for the protection of people and state after the Reichstag Fire (I would also do a paragraph on the reichstag fire itself if you aren't including it in propaganda.)
username2110825
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
In addition, it's important to note that the Weimar years were characterised by political insurgence, which was calmed from 1924 - 29 by the Locarno Pact, the Young Plan and the Dawes Plan. So, when the Wall Street Crash happened in 1929, it made Germany desperate and fearful again.

The Nazis took full advantage of this; their 1932 election results are more or less proof of that. Hitler made a platform that appealed to all sectors of society, which was aided by the fact every sector had something to lose. Subsequently, every sector put their trust in Hitler. The only serious threat was from the KPD (Communist Party), which they removed using the Reichstag Fire (which I'm assuming you know about).
whitedwarf
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Weaknesses of the Weimar government
The Great Depression
Hitlers personal characteristics
Financial backing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (106)
17.24%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (64)
10.41%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (108)
17.56%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (92)
14.96%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (62)
10.08%
How can I be the best version of myself? (183)
29.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed