The Student Room Group

How to mark a gcse English language exam paper

I have a gcse English language in January and over Christmas I'm going to be doing past papers but there's a problem... I don't understand the mark schemes for English and I'm not in school so I can't get my teacher to mark them and there is not much point in doing papers if I can't mark them.

My exam board is CCEA so I will paste a link below this to a mark scheme for one of the English exams and if anyone knows how they work can you please reply and tell me how to mark my paper? Thanks.

http://www.rewardinglearning.org.uk/common/includes/microsite_doc_link.aspx?docid=17887-1
Reply 1
That happened to me last year when I was doing GCSE'S. English papers are real difficult to mark as there isn't really a specific answer to look for like in maths etc. What I did was do the questions on some paper and if you can, go to your teachers before the exam and ask him/her to make it and give you advice. Or you could email them if you can :smile: sorry I don't have any good advice, hopefully someone can help more than I can:biggrin:

Good luck!! :smile:
I usually do do that, it's just I can't do that now because I'm not in school for the next 2 weeks and my exam is as soon as I go back in the new year. I wish somebody in my family was an English teacher and they could explain it to me lol

Quick Reply

Latest