Official Summer 2003 GCSE Discussion Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ollie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Now that you have posted your results in the Results thread feel free to discuss it.

To make this discussion as interesting as possible, here are some suggestions on what your postings could include:
  • What made you pleased with your results? Why?
  • What made you disappointed with your results? Why?
  • Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again?
  • Are you gonna appeal for a re-mark?
  • Remember, if needed, you can quote parts of your previous posting in the results thread to make it easier for people to understand what your talking about.
  • Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to?
  • What time did you find out your results?
  • How did your friends fair at your school/college?
  • Did you feel nervous?
  • How do you feel now after knowing?

This thread will be opened by a moderator on results day.

Credit for this post to Koloth.
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Just wanted to say a big well done to everyone...looks like lot's of people are very happy with what they got

*makes fresh batch of her magically-delicious-homemade-chocolate-chip brownies and hands them out*
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How comes no-one's posted in this thread yet. oh well, i guess i might as well start.

i think one of the most satisfying things about my results was my geog grade. For the mocks i got an E. But when i looked on my slip i saw an A*!!! I was so shocked .
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
-What made you pleased with your results? Why?

Very pleased - I never dreamed of getting ANY A*'s, but I got 4! I also didnt get anything lower than a B!

-What made you disappointed with your results? Why?

I was 3 points off an A* in ICT! :P But I cant complain, really.

-Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again?

Nope.

-Are you gonna appeal for a re-mark?

For ICT, yeah. I may aswell try for that extra A*, as it is the field I want to go into in future!

-Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to?

Haha, I mmanaged to open mine - the post came at 10am, and my mum woke me up and handed me the envelope. I was too tired to be nervous, though there was a bit of a rush.

-What time did you find out your results?

About 10:30am

-How did your friends fair at your school/college?

Most of them managed to get atleast one A* - so they did well.

-Did you feel nervous?

Suprisingly not, I just didnt think about them atall untill about the day before - I just thought, "theres nothing I can do to change them now!"

-How do you feel now after knowing?

I should be alot happier than I am right now.. but right now I've got other things on my mind and im depressed.
Ghost
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
BTW - I posted the above post. I just got unlazy and decided to register
yuc02
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
When are the certificates handed out? I am moving schools this year, so do I have to go to my old school to receive my certificates?
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by yuc02)
When are the certificates handed out? I am moving schools this year, so do I have to go to my old school to receive my certificates?
My school had a presentation evening in December to hand out certificates for GCSE and A-Levels. If your old school doesn't have such thing as a presentation evening, ask them to send the certificates to you.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (72)
17.65%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (259)
63.48%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
4.9%
Not yet but I might (57)
13.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise