The Student Room Group

BA Hons Dissertation question

I am looking for a question to start my dissertation in young childrens learning and development.

I want to do an extended literature review on safeguarding/child protection but im stuck on what to ask any ideas?

Thank you
How involvement with child protection services can have an impact on a child's development across the lifespan? e.g. child who has had involvement with CP social services vs. child who hasn't. This could also be done using the method child whose family has been known to CP services for generations vs child with no CP involvement with the family.

Does school safeguarding interfere with a child's learning? Does the need to 'protect' override a teachers purpose to 'teach'?

How safeguarding reflects back to a child's development and promotes this.

How are child protection and safeguarding methods implemented across the lifespan? E.g. different methods of questioning children, through pictures, play. How does this differentiate between children who are of an SEN group, how effective is this?

You could consider mistakes made beyond child protection, such as within schools and reporting this. I find it particularly interesting how in the majority of CP cases, schools are the first places to raise the alarm or where children will confide in support staff and/or teachers.

Just some food for thought :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest