Unconditional offer - what should I do now?

Watch this thread
penguinvolcano
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
#1
I just found out that I have recieved an offer from my first choice university if I make it my firm choice. I fully intend to accept the offer and I can't wait to go. This being said, I am now unsure what to do about my other applications. This was the first university I had an interview for (I'm applying for photography courses so all offers are portfolio based), and now I'm unsure if I should even bother going to the other interviews - it's really expsnvie to travel to all these universities by train and if I won't be actually applying to any (seeing as I can't have insurance choices if I accept the unconditional), what's the point of me going?

Basically, I am unsure if I should continue going to the interviews or just cancel them all and withdraw my applications to the other four universities? Cancelling all my applications does seem a bit drastic but I'm keen to accept my unconditional offer as soon as I can, and I don't want to waste hundereds of pounds travelling all over the country.

Any advice/imput on this would be really appreciated.

Thanks!
0
reply
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#2
Report 5 years ago
#2
(Original post by penguinvolcano)
I just found out that I have recieved an offer from my first choice university if I make it my firm choice. I fully intend to accept the offer and I can't wait to go. This being said, I am now unsure what to do about my other applications. This was the first university I had an interview for (I'm applying for photography courses so all offers are portfolio based), and now I'm unsure if I should even bother going to the other interviews - it's really expsnvie to travel to all these universities by train and if I won't be actually applying to any (seeing as I can't have insurance choices if I accept the unconditional), what's the point of me going?

Basically, I am unsure if I should continue going to the interviews or just cancel them all and withdraw my applications to the other four universities? Cancelling all my applications does seem a bit drastic but I'm keen to accept my unconditional offer as soon as I can, and I don't want to waste hundereds of pounds travelling all over the country.

Any advice/imput on this would be really appreciated.

Thanks!
If you re absolutely sure that you want to go to that university then reject any offers for interviews but you don't have to make this decision yet if you don't want to.
0
reply
UniStudent2017
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#3
Report 5 years ago
#3
(Original post by penguinvolcano)
I just found out that I have recieved an offer from my first choice university if I make it my firm choice. I fully intend to accept the offer and I can't wait to go. This being said, I am now unsure what to do about my other applications. This was the first university I had an interview for (I'm applying for photography courses so all offers are portfolio based), and now I'm unsure if I should even bother going to the other interviews - it's really expsnvie to travel to all these universities by train and if I won't be actually applying to any (seeing as I can't have insurance choices if I accept the unconditional), what's the point of me going?

Basically, I am unsure if I should continue going to the interviews or just cancel them all and withdraw my applications to the other four universities? Cancelling all my applications does seem a bit drastic but I'm keen to accept my unconditional offer as soon as I can, and I don't want to waste hundereds of pounds travelling all over the country.

Any advice/imput on this would be really appreciated.

Thanks!
Hi 😊 Congrats on the offer!

If you are absolutely sure you would be happy going to this university and you really want to study there and couldn't see yourself anywhere else then go for it!

On the other hand don't worry about travel costs if that's the only thing putting you off attending the other interviews. It might be costly to go to all the other interviews but think of the thousands of pounds that university is going to cost! If you have any slight doubt about choosing the university that has offered you a place as your firm or you feel like you might think 'what if' if you don't go to the other university interviews then I would make the trip to the universities that want to interview you. Better to do that than rejecting all your offers and regretting it later.

Good luck with your decision making 😊
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (273)
42%
The paper was reasonable (269)
41.38%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.23%
It was TERRIBLE (48)
7.38%

Watched Threads

View All