Turn on thread page Beta

Insulting and Degrading imagery posting on the internet of someone very close watch

Hi there,
    Please mods dont un-annoymous this post. I'm pretty upset about this.
    Anyhow I browsing on facebook and came across a profile of someone who works with a member of my family,of whom I'm very close to.
    Innocently checking out the profile as you do, I discovered a two "Graffiti" images had been drawn mimicking the person I'm very close to. This images were degradeing and incredibly insulting to me. One consisted of the person who my member of the famliy works with,beating up my famliy member with blood. Although the drawing was probably ment as a joke to another person who they both work with,i for one didnt see the funny side to it. I'm insulted and in a way upset because I know for a fact if I make my famliy member aware of this she too will be incrediblly upset and distraught about it.

I'm not sure what to do about this to be honest,report the issue? Upset my famliy member?

Any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    report it as like an indecent image thing on facebook.

and maybe have a word with the person who drew it.

sorry to hear you're upset.

ReputationRep:
    You sound just a little over-sensitive

Indeed. Just chill-out and leave them to it...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you're being over sensetive. You should speak to this person personally and tell them how offensive you find it and ask them to remove it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louiise)
    report it as like an indecent image thing on facebook.

and maybe have a word with the person who drew it.

sorry to hear you're upset.
    If you're really upset then do that.^^

ReputationRep:
    If you think the picture of them being beaten up is an actual threat, then tell people about it. Otherwise, I'd just let it go, and maybe send the person a message telling them to watch who they insult.

ReputationRep:
    I can see why that would be annoying. I've just found a load of crap about me on Myspace. My ex has written messages on his page about what a slut I am and how I deserve to die, and then he's posted pictures labelled 'slut' and 'whore'.

And the worst part? He's 25.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi there,
    Please mods dont un-annoymous this post. I'm pretty upset about this.
    Anyhow I browsing on facebook and came across a profile of someone who works with a member of my family,of whom I'm very close to.
    Innocently checking out the profile as you do, I discovered a two "Graffiti" images had been drawn mimicking the person I'm very close to. This images were degradeing and incredibly insulting to me. One consisted of the person who my member of the famliy works with,beating up my famliy member with blood. Although the drawing was probably ment as a joke to another person who they both work with,i for one didnt see the funny side to it. I'm insulted and in a way upset because I know for a fact if I make my famliy member aware of this she too will be incrediblly upset and distraught about it.

I'm not sure what to do about this to be honest,report the issue? Upset my famliy member?

Any suggestions?
    Never leave the house because if the above upsets you, the real world's going to give you a heart attack and kill you?

ReputationRep:
    In a furious rage, track the culprit down and unload sixty rounds into their hate-filled mortal shell?

ReputationRep:
    Awww, I would hate it if i saw something like that about one of my family that sucks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.