Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so a few people have been asking about a photography club and since this place is starting to warm up again with all you excited young freshers I thought it would be a good test bed.

Test bed for what I hear you ask? Well, I've been (slowly) working on a small site for KUCC to use as their web presence. At the moment they only have forums and I haven't been able to access them recently (Jonny?). Now, some may think it's probably a pointless exercise since there must be hundreds of other content management systems out there, but maybe they have extraneous features - or it is not legal to use them for free...perhaps I'm just a Computer Science student with an itch that won't go away? Take your pick :p:

Basically I've spent a while developing this thing (a total of 2 weeks haha) and hopefully it will tie together forum and photo gallery software on a KUCC homepage..or portal perhaps? It would be nice to have it carry KUCC news and the dates of upcoming meetings/events for anyone to see (not just registered users).

If you've read this far, you may be asking what am I posting this for? Well, since I can't access kucc.tk and most of you may not be aware of it anyway, I am posting here to ask for help. Beta testers. Call it what you will, but I think the pages are ready to be looked at by someone else now!

So, hammer away at them, register accounts, bash the scripts all you like. Tear it apart, praise it, throw ideas into the pot. Tell me if you think it's a pointless exercise or where I could go with it (don't twist that :p: ). If you fancy getting involved, offer your help. I don't deal in graphic design or making web pages look nice - I just write the scripts to make the pages do what I want - so if you fancy perhaps skinning the pages, get in touch!

The address is: http://www.tim686.phpnet.us/kucc/index.php

From there you will need to register to get any further.

If you guys think this is probably pointless, I won't be taking it any further - what I have done up to now is only a small amount to get some input and feedback on the idea from a wider group of folks!

Be kind to me haha!

--RB

ReputationRep:
    yeah the message board at kucc.tk is back up now, the host of the site had crashed and they have now fixed it

but like Rocket boy has mentioned we are hopefully moving the messageboards across to this new website

but like i have said in my topic about the photography society/camera club feel free to go to the my space webmage http://www.myspace.com/kucc
    facebook group http://keele.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2248912495
    or the messageboards http://www.kucc.tk

ReputationRep:
    I tried registering but my browser keeps timing out on me o.O It might be my computer - it's not all that reliable. I'll give it a try in tomorrow, just in case it's the connection.

Anyway, I think it's a great idea! I especially like the idea of having a photo gallery linked to it - it's very fitting for a photography club, lol.

I'd be up for helping with a few graphics, but they wouldn't be anything spectacular, lol. I've made layouts in the past, though the coding only went as far as the basics of html.

Erm, yeah, that's all I have to say. I'll try and register later ^^

ReputationRep:
    This forum has been turned offline because the admin has not logged in
    during the past 60 days.

If this forum is still active please email me and I'll see about
    turning it back online and assigning a new admin.

Please email:

webmaster (at) pro-forums(dot)com

Thanks
    JT
    =)

ReputationRep:
    If you would like to make some layout features, we can sort the code out between us to make them fit how/where you want them. So if you fancy it, let me knowor just get cracking if you like!

Thank you both for feedback so far!

P.S. I should probably mention any screw ups on the layout I've created are due to the free hosting provider using advert banners and altering my page code. They also do not have the php mail() function enabled so no confirmation emails can be automatically generated and sent despite what the site may tell you - I started coding it on Keele's servers and they have much more freedom to access obscure features!
    Also, this is more a proof of concept than anything which you should expect actual 'results' from at the moment - so don't expect much more than placeholders for now, I'm thinking about the rest of the code...

ReputationRep:
    *cough* bumpity bump

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.