Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    They said they'd upload the system online on 2 August, but it's been a while since then....Or maybe it's just my particular account being stupid, has anyone seen this on their MyKCL pages?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Yep, since August 2nd

ReputationRep:
    what's Myaward

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by more adventurous)
    Yep, since August 2nd
    It's on your pages? I can't find it anywhere on MyKCL. And I even used the search function to find 'award'!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nimaland)
    what's Myaward
    It's a system put up by King's on our personal accounts so we can choose whether we want a king's or UoL degree. If you're a new student for 2007 entry, i don't think you get the choice.

ReputationRep:
    Really? My MyKCL won't let me access mykcl until I've done it - it just comes right up.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Sijia)
    It's on your pages? I can't find it anywhere on MyKCL. And I even used the search function to find 'award'!
    it should be the first thing that comes up when you log onto MyKCL. You can't access the other parts of MyKCL until you've chosen. Maybe your degree is one of the ones that don't get to choose? Why don't you email them?

ReputationRep:
    ok i may be being completely stupid- but where do u get the username and password from??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dollsie)
    ok i may be being completely stupid- but where do u get the username and password from??
    If you're a new student, you shouldn't have it yet until first day of term starts.

As for the MyKCL thing, I read History...which is a federal program. I'm guessing that means I don't really get a choice of degree? I've been logging onto mykcl pages since 2 august, and nothing's popped up about the degree choice. Poo. I want a king's degree!

ReputationRep:
    it's a plot to award everyone university of london degrees by default

and rightly so.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently students taking 'federal' degrees..eg Med, dentistry & possibly history from what Sijia said above, do not get to choose their awarding body. I heard that they may change this so that eventually we do but because they're federal it's an extra complication.

Does anyone know what a degree being federal means?!

ReputationRep:
    exams are set by the university of london, so all colleges sit the same exam.

knew (straight) history was as so, didn't know about med.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.