Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Smokers - Differences between pipe and cigarette tobacco. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've recently come by a rather fine pipe, but should I use the same tobacco I use for rollups (i.e. Golden Virginia or Drum) or get some of that fancy dandy pipe tobacco ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    I've recently come by a rather fine pipe, but should I use the same tobacco I use for rollups (i.e. Golden Virginia or Drum) or get some of that fancy dandy pipe tobacco ?
    How about you stop smoking....*full stop* :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    How about you stop smoking....*full stop* :mad:
    I can only apologise for choosing to destroy my own life, old chap.

ReputationRep:
    I can only apologise for choosing to destroy my own life, old chap.
    Lets not forget the lives of others around you :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Lets not forget the lives of others around you :rolleyes:
    I don't drive. Those *******s are polluting the air for me.

But really, I hardly ever smoke, and I certainly don't smoke in front of people who wouldn't want me to.

ReputationRep:
    I don't drive. Those *******s are polluting the air for me.

But really, I hardly ever smoke, and I certainly don't smoke in front of people who wouldn't want me to.
    Then congratulations your a considerate smoker. It's still killing you though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Then congratulations your a considerate smoker. It's still killing you though.
    True. But that's my decision.

ReputationRep:
    ok, it probably bugs smokers when us non-smokers go on about it all the time, but it really super-bugs me when people bring car fumes into it!

grrr!...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)
    ok, it probably bugs smokers when us non-smokers go on about it all the time, but it really super-bugs me when people bring car fumes into it!

grrr!...
    So you understand how bloody irritating it is for us casual smokers. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    So you understand how bloody irritating it is for us casual smokers. :mad:
    uh...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to the motorcar we have asthma.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    and global warming and we chose to blow other countries to pieces so we can keep these cars giving off those lovely toxic fumes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    And i suppose asthma has nothing at all to do with smoking :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    and global warming and we chose to blow other countries to pieces so we can keep these cars giving off those lovely toxic fumes
    And people in a certain western civilization don't decide to plod around in lowly Fiat Puntos. Oh not at all, they demand V8s at least! All the rage is for a military vehicle the size of a small house and failing that, they'll "make do" with a Ford Pick up truck(the best selling vehicle in these lands btw). And if that wasn't enough: having an abundance of 8-lane highways, the crappest rail network outside the Indian subcontinent and dirt cheap fuel prices - doesn't exactly help the issue either...

ReputationRep:
    i had to mention cars, didnt i?!

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    More to the point, does anyone actually know the answer to my question ?

ReputationRep:
    More to the point, does anyone actually know the answer to my question ?
    all i know is - pipes are rank!!!!!! bleurgh! they're so much worse than ****!!

ReputationRep:
    In answer to your question, from what i've heard it seems that since pipe smokers are more concerned with flavour, and so proper pipe tobacco is the way to go. However i would imagine that normal rolling tobacco would be fine to use, just that you wouldn't achieve the same aromatic blend that pipe smokers come to expect (apparently ).

And for gods sake leave the guy alone, its his choice to smoke, he shouldn't be chastised for it. Start a separate thread if you want to bash smokers, as if there aren't enough of them already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SUKBarracuda)
    And for gods sake leave the guy alone, its his choice to smoke, he shouldn't be chastised for it. Start a separate thread if you want to bash smokers, as if there aren't enough of them already.
    Hear, hear!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)
    all i know is - pipes are rank!!!!!! bleurgh! they're so much worse than ****!!
    Have you ever smoked a pipe? (Or a cigarette for that matter)

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.