Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Smokers - Differences between pipe and cigarette tobacco. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SUKBarracuda)
    In answer to your question, from what i've heard it seems that since pipe smokers are more concerned with flavour, and so proper pipe tobacco is the way to go. However i would imagine that normal rolling tobacco would be fine to use, just that you wouldn't achieve the same aromatic blend that pipe smokers come to expect (apparently ).

And for gods sake leave the guy alone, its his choice to smoke, he shouldn't be chastised for it. Start a separate thread if you want to bash smokers, as if there aren't enough of them already.
    You, sir, are a fine man. Ta for the info.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Have you ever smoked a pipe? (Or a cigarette for that matter)
    no i have not. and i am talking about the smell of the smoke, not taste or anything else

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkler)
    no i have not. and i am talking about the smell of the smoke, not taste or anything else

:rolleyes:
    Well how are you qualified to respond? Only a complete blockead smokes a cigarette or a pipe (or more or less anything smokable for that matter) for the 'smell of the smoke'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    More to the point, does anyone actually know the answer to my question ?
    not exactly sure but there is a fantastic tobacconist in covent garden that whenever I buy some tobacco asks me if i want cigarette or pipe tobacco...so i assume there is a diffence...i think you might be better off trying to get proper pipe tobacco.

ReputationRep:
    Well how are you qualified to respond? Only a complete blockead smokes a cigarette or a pipe (or more or less anything smokable for that matter) for the 'smell of the smoke'.
    what the hell...i havent said anything about smokers smoking for the smell of it! i'm on about what i, a non-smoker, think about the smell of smoke

what you on about?..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dforster)
    not exactly sure but there is a fantastic tobacconist in covent garden that whenever I buy some tobacco asks me if i want cigarette or pipe tobacco...so i assume there is a diffence...i think you might be better off trying to get proper pipe tobacco.
    Oooh. Where is it ? I'm always up for trying fun new brands anyway, even if I don't get into the whole pipe thing.

ReputationRep:
    what about google, it would have answered your question and you would have been saved the harshness of peoples moral highgrounds

ReputationRep:
    what the hell...i havent said anything about smokers smoking for the smell of it! i'm on about what i, a non-smoker, think about the smell of smoke

what you on about?..
    Some people actually enjoy pipes and cigarettes you know - don't knock it till you've tried it.

ReputationRep:
    Some people actually enjoy pipes and cigarettes you know - don't knock it till you've tried it.
    Try it.....get addicted.....kill yourself :rolleyes:
    Sounds like a great reason to try it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Try it.....get addicted.....kill yourself :rolleyes:
    Sounds like a great reason to try it.
    I wouldn't be surprised if, were you to become a successful medic, you decided to recommission Auschwitz and Bergen-Belsen - to exact your revenge on smokers and the tobacco industry! You make me sick to the stomach!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be surprised if, were you to become a successful medic, you decided to recommission Auschwitz and Bergen-Belsen - to exact your revenge on smokers and the tobacco industry! You make me sick to the stomach!
    LOL! No but I shall certainly spearhead any campeign against public smoking if a ban isnt introduced by then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    LOL! No but I shall certainly spearhead any campeign against public smoking if a ban isnt introduced by then.
    I'm all for a ban on public smoking. Some people really are immensely stupid in the places they smoke. Except in pubs and sectioned off areas off restaurants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Hopefully Kenneth Clarke will be in the lofty halls of power by that time. And we all know his views about smoking. (For your information - he's a pipe afficianado and works for BAT)

You would hate Spain - picture people waltzing into clothes shops (or any shop, hotel, public place etc.) and sparking up cheap tabs in your face. Do you think that the Spanish have, for a minute, entertained the idea of a blanket smoking ban? I think not.

On second thoughts, maybe it would do you good to emigrate there. Seeing as it would be a positively densensitizing experience for somebody as puritanical (and hellbent) as yourself. Good Lord! - I'd even pay for your airtickets!

ReputationRep:
    Just to keep you updated folks:

Me: Feeling as triumphalist as ever, and yes Daveo, I have posted your airfare - bon voyage too!

Daveo: Licking his wounds, regretting the day he ever crossed swords with God himself (a.k.a me), quietly organising his journey to Gatwick and considering which brand of cigarettes to buy from Duty Free, for his first puff.

ReputationRep:
    Just to keep you updated folks:

Me: Feeling as triumphalist as ever, and yes Daveo, I have posted your airfare - bon voyage too!

Daveo: Licking his wounds, regretting the day he ever crossed swords with God himself (a.k.a me), quietly organising his journey to Gatwick and considering which brand of cigarettes to buy from Duty Free, for his first puff.
    Actually I have more important things to do than argue about smoking when i'm clearly the one who is right. I'm not the who who is killing myself am I :rolleyes:

The day I smoke a cig is the day I relinquish my life to the companies who make those little white killers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Actually I have more important things to do than argue about smoking when i'm clearly the one who is right. I'm not the who who is killing myself am I :rolleyes:

The day I smoke a cig is the day I relinquish my life to the companies who make those little white killers.
    Well I'm guessing that's tomorrow - as I've sent the ticket by recorded delivery and your flight is in the afternoon. My personal recommendation is B&H Gold or Camel Lights - but it's up to you.

I'm going to miss you though.

Adios

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm guessing that's tomorrow - as I've sent the ticket by recorded delivery and your flight is in the afternoon. My personal recommendation is B&H Gold or Camel Lights - but it's up to you.

I'm going to miss you though.

Adios
    Adios,
    check your rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Adios,
    check your rep
    You never cease to surprise me! As for the future - I strongly feel that the UK should look towards PR China for ideas: a country where civil rights are curtailed, the rich live like Kings and every man, woman and child (over 7-y.o) is an habitual smoker. To paraphrase for you - 'Bliss'.

ReputationRep:
    all i know is - pipes are rank!!!!!! bleurgh! they're so much worse than ****!!
    Hehehehe! U will probably be glad to hear i am quitting then as u r so anti smoking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    I've recently come by a rather fine pipe, but should I use the same tobacco I use for rollups (i.e. Golden Virginia or Drum) or get some of that fancy dandy pipe tobacco ?
    dont use rollups unless u r really bent upon ruining ur throat. try some light stuff initially . i wud recommend captain black preferably ''gold". dont place the pipe on ur tongue wen u start or it will burn it. dont count on one pipe, u will have to buy a few more if u wanna enjoy it.n plez dont smoke cigarettes n pipe at the same time. my advice is just stick to one. dont forget to keep ur pipes clean. enjoy

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.