The Student Room Group

How can I make myself more attractive?

Scroll to see replies

I think being happy is the key because inner beauty radiates out
Original post by Anebris59
It's so easy for them :confused:

You don't have to be what others define as beautiful to feel confident. Confidence comes from your values and how you feel inside, anyone with beautiful character instantly looks like a beautiful person. If you rely on your appearance to make you confident then you know that you one day you won't be beautiful, just like everyone won't be. If You rely on temporary/artificial things to make you feel better; then your happiness, confidence and self worth will always be temporary.
Aaah prophets tell me, what do you do to boost your confidence?

You know that the only person you should care to look good for is the one who you always look good to regardless. You don't need other's approval of whether you are conventionally attractive or not to feel good, as long as the one who you care about thinks you are a beautiful person then that's all you have to care about. For example i can make my self presentable when going into university right, nothing wrong with looking nice. But the moment I let my confidence be defined by people that have no significance towards how I look or feel is where I go wrong. What's the point of having people believe you to be attractive anyway when they aren't going to be with you all the time. There's going to be someone who thinks you are beautiful regardless and you knowing that you don't care whether others see you as beautiful is what gives u confidence.
You are n should believe you're beautiful regardless, you don't need to compare yourself to unnatural conventional views. Beauty is subjective and you don't need to adjust yourself to 'fit', bro.
Your self worth and confidence can come from what you have achieved, your values, your character and etc. It doesn't have to be determined by whether a random no body thinks you are conventionally attractive or not bro.
(edited 7 years ago)
How can you be ugly and confident?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well it helps you're not ugly then, doesn't it? :P
Anyway - confidence just comes from saying to yourself "I am beautiful no matter what anyone thinks", and hell for that matter, confidence comes from not caring what anyone thinks. You wanna put makeup on? Do it for you and nobody else. Even if you don't believe it while you're telling yourself that, trust me, positive thinking makes an intrinsic difference.

Say you were dating someone right now - I ask this since you're specifically asking about attractiveness - would you feel better? And if so, would it be because you'd 'pulled'/because of them, or because of your own feeling of contentedness?
If it's the former, it's safe to say that adjusting the way you view yourself is important regardless of your relationship status.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SkyRees
You'd be surprised. Hell, if it were me, I wouldn't date a beautiful girl whose personality sucked like ***.
Speaking of which, I'd say confidence. Believe in your own beauty, others will see it too. Even if your instinct is to not believe it.
2 litres is a good amount for healthy skin.

But you wouldn't date an ugly girl whose personality is amazing right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I already put make up (concealer, mascara, nude lipstick) on a daily basis.
Do you have any tips or advice?

work on ur booty and make it big and delicate,that way anyone would fall for u no matter how ugly u were
Original post by Nulliverse
But you wouldn't date an ugly girl whose personality is amazing right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which endures at age 80; looks or personality?

If you asked me, I'd have said I would. Don't get me wrong, I can see a "beautiful" girl and be attracted, sure, but personality is what really matters. Hell, potentially this is someone you'll be spending your life with, if their attitude and mannerisms are horrible, it makes little difference if they have the face of Venus.
Have good posture and walk confidently.
have a hair cut that really suits you.
Walk a lot (help to lose weight and tone)
try to achieve clear spotless skin.
high heels can make people look more feminine.
Reply 47
highlighter honestly so easy to put on, really emphasises cheekbones.
well shaped brows also
Reply 48
Original post by stasss
highlighter honestly so easy to put on, really emphasises cheekbones.
well shaped brows also

Thanks! Today I bought tons of make up, I still have hope :smile:
Honestly, I was a girl who didn't care about anything not even my looks or body. As I grew up I began looking at my mum and she would feel insecure about herself.. I would watch her put makeup on every morning and cover her scars and beauty spots. I never knew why.

Till I grew up and I am just like her now. I cover up the bruises on myself, I cover the places where I feel like need go be covered. I apply bags of makeup to get the confidence I need. Without makeup I cannot even talk properly because I feel like ****. Sometimes I wonder it's because I never had a dad to tell me "you're beautiful". It's those little words in life that could get my confidence but he didn't bother.

I get told by other boys now. "You're on fire... your face... cute...etc"
And I just can't seem to believe it. I feel like I'm getting lied to..

And I wear good makeup and clothes for myself. For my own confidence not for any boy xxxx

Love yourself sweetie. I'm sure you are very beautiful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Girls who are too obsessed with make up is a huge turn off for me.

Anything more than 'natural looking' and you're doing more bad than good for me. That's just my opinion. When someone in the thread said focus on the inner, and you shut it down saying who cares, like really. I can't speak for everyone but someone who isn't a nice person and cakes in makeup is literally the opposite of what I would go for.

Be yourself, be a good person. If the guys you want aren't interested in that then good luck but you're probably after the wrong guys.
Reply 51
Original post by AndrewSCO
Girls who are too obsessed with make up is a huge turn off for me.

Anything more than 'natural looking' and you're doing more bad than good for me. That's just my opinion. When someone in the thread said focus on the inner, and you shut it down saying who cares, like really. I can't speak for everyone but someone who isn't a nice person and cakes in makeup is literally the opposite of what I would go for.

Be yourself, be a good person. If the guys you want aren't interested in that then good luck but you're probably after the wrong guys.

I'm not interested in dating, I just want to feel good for myself and be like the other girls, that's it.
Reply 52
Original post by Habina786xx
Honestly, I was a girl who didn't care about anything not even my looks or body. As I grew up I began looking at my mum and she would feel insecure about herself.. I would watch her put makeup on every morning and cover her scars and beauty spots. I never knew why.

Till I grew up and I am just like her now. I cover up the bruises on myself, I cover the places where I feel like need go be covered. I apply bags of makeup to get the confidence I need. Without makeup I cannot even talk properly because I feel like ****. Sometimes I wonder it's because I never had a dad to tell me "you're beautiful". It's those little words in life that could get my confidence but he didn't bother.

I get told by other boys now. "You're on fire... your face... cute...etc"
And I just can't seem to believe it. I feel like I'm getting lied to..

And I wear good makeup and clothes for myself. For my own confidence not for any boy xxxx

Love yourself sweetie. I'm sure you are very beautiful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guys always lie when complimenting so their opinion is worthless.

Thank you very much for your words, it's not easy to love yourself in this world but I will try my best to feel better about it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys always lie when complimenting so their opinion is worthless.

Thank you very much for your words, it's not easy to love yourself in this world but I will try my best to feel better about it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww yeah X
I don't even care about their compliments.

Is there any particular reason to why you feel this way?
If you don't feel comfortable posting it you Could PM me. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
I already put make up (concealer, mascara, nude lipstick) on a daily basis.
Do you have any tips or advice?

Eat healthy and a balanced diet, drink plenty of water, keep your face clean , exercise and just wear make up. And if none of this doesnt work then u aint attractive , not saying u arnt but just in case those dont work, cos they work on most people
Reply 55
Original post by Amazon_Lover
Eat healthy and a balanced diet, drink plenty of water, keep your face clean , exercise and just wear make up. And if none of this doesnt work then u aint attractive , not saying u arnt but just in case those dont work, cos they work on most people

lol ok thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest