The Student Room Group

How rich are you or your family?

Scroll to see replies

My dads family are quite rich. They own a large chain of car part distributors.

I've only seen my dad a couple of times so not sure how much they're worth.
Original post by PopeIsDead
My dads family are quite rich. They own a large chain of car part distributors.

I've only seen my dad a couple of times so not sure how much they're worth.

That is cool. Do you see any of that money? Why don't you see your dad much?
Skint. My dad has money, car, home, never my mum.
Reply 23
Parents? About 300k house and no idea how much savings...so upper working lower middle class maybe idk?

Me? About 20k in savings atm.
Reply 24
My auntie is in the 1% though... House worth about 3 million ... Flat in Brighton as well...Runs her own business... Massive pension incoming... Lol. My parents and I are jealous of her!

Her kids will inherit the lot... Wish I was her kid!!
Original post by ilikechinesefood
Just wondering how rich people or their families are on here? So how rich are you? How much property/cars/other valuables does your family own? Also any aristocratic or internationalist elite people here? What would your families net worth be? :smile:

We've been on both ends of the spectrum. Right now, I guess I'd say "rich". A large house (we purchased it when land and housing was cheap, smart investment), my dad collects motorcycles, we have several cars (including a cayenne, which we got for a steal because its previous owner didn't know how to fix the suspension...perks of having an engineer for a dad I guess), my sister goes to a pricey American International school, and we live a comfortable life. A few years ago I would have gone as far as to say "lavish". Not so much now. Why do you ask lol?
essential working class

we make just about enough to be able to pay the bills and keep our heads above water

if we weren't living in london we could possibly be a little more comfortable
Original post by ilikechinesefood
family net worth of 1.7-1.8 million. We are upper lower class.

lol on what planet does having a few mill make you upper LOWER class?
This much!

Spoiler

Original post by yungaheartz

Exactly what I was thinking! He must be deluded.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Above average
My personal net worth is probably around £1.5 million.
(edited 7 years ago)
My close family aren't rich at all. They all don't own their homes, they have one car each, none of them went to private school etc. But they ate happy and still do their best to help others and I never went without anything while growing up :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
I recently picked up 1p off the floor and felt very happy.
Original post by UWS

All aboard the banter bus 🚌
Original post by yungaheartz

Because class in Britain isn't based on wealth, rather background, education and profession. So it doesn't matter how rich I get, I can't be upper class or middle class.
Original post by UWS

I recently dropped 1p...
well off.

my immediate family (i.e. parents) own three mortgage free properties in the uk, two overseas.
hold some wealth in gold. both bars and jewellery. i'm not sure the exact paper value.

both uncles are in the property development industry and as a result are very very very rich, bear in mind this is the bulgarian side so also very corrupt.
Reply 39
I wouldn't consider my family to be rich, many of my friends' families are worth 5, 10, 20 times more than my own. But searching my family online, i'd place my families company net worth at between 70 and 100,000,000, depending on which currency we're talking about (euros or dollars). We own 2 houses, a city and a country home, 6 cars between 5 family members, nothing flash, 3 range rovers, 2 BMW's and a chrysler mini-van for those long road trips with friends aha. Parents own a few pretty valuable paintings, some worth well over 1 million euro's. I'd consider us Old-ish money, my great-great-great-grandfather was a co-founder in a Bank, which was sold in '69. The wealth they had back then was much more than now, as my parents had to make thier money themselves, so I guess even though our family would be classed as 'old money' we could also be 'new money' at the same time. You mention international elite. My family do often meet a large mixture of people, politicians, socialites, billionaires, multi-billionaires, 'celebrities' etc, if thats what you meant? We have nice vacation's, will fly on a private aircraft (chartered) for short flights, but commercial for long distance, vacation in st barths, monaco, rhode island, sail around mallorca, ibiza, mykonos etc. Had a fun childhood, but still had to do chores, empty the dishwasher etc, which many of my 'super' wealthy friends also had to do. My parents are now retired, Live off a small percentage of the companies profits, but still, along with myself and my brothers, sit on the board to help run and continue growing the business. I hope this helps answering your question :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest