The Student Room Group

How to deal with ex sending messages trying to get at me

My ex bf keeps sending texts just to criticise me. He says he wanted to call it a day as we are not really compatable (im not big on doing sex how he wants to). I probably do have issues with sex as im fine without it but he is forever saying i have psychological roblems because of it but thats for me to sort out now. The relationship was supposed to have ended days ago and he has sent a text

'Hi kate, how are you getting on, ive stopped putting x's at the end of texts as i know uve never been keen on it. Just another one of your deep seated issues'
I dont want to fire back and be childish (theres loads i could say, he's older than me and has had many relationships not worked out) but whats the best most mature response? I know that he'l tell everyone that i have 'issues' too.

Just wanted advice.
Just ignore it, shows your the bigger person and all that 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by VaticanCameos
Just ignore it, shows your the bigger person and all that 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

I usually do ignore insulting texts but this one really annoyed me.
Block and ignore.
Original post by Anonymous
My ex bf keeps sending texts just to criticise me. He says he wanted to call it a day as we are not really compatable (im not big on doing sex how he wants to). I probably do have issues with sex as im fine without it but he is forever saying i have psychological roblems because of it but thats for me to sort out now. The relationship was supposed to have ended days ago and he has sent a text

'Hi kate, how are you getting on, ive stopped putting x's at the end of texts as i know uve never been keen on it. Just another one of your deep seated issues'
I dont want to fire back and be childish (theres loads i could say, he's older than me and has had many relationships not worked out) but whats the best most mature response? I know that he'l tell everyone that i have 'issues' too.

Just wanted advice.

I would have said ignore him too but I have always just kept quiet in the past but as I got older I started telling people the truth about themselves and they hate hearing the truth and some so called friends would dump me but I didn't care because it made me feel better to tell them.
Many Years ago I dumped a bloke but wrote a list of all the things that annoyed me about him and inconsiderate things he did because i felt it was important to let him know all his faults I never had the balls to tell him about when I was with him plus it would teach him not to treat other women the same way in future.
So I think you should do the same, don't just put up with it and take it anymore even though he's trying to get a rise out of you but just write a list of all the things you disliked about him but never told him before. Tell him that he's being childish now by continuing to text you and that he should know better at his age because he is way older than you. Just by mentioning that he's way older This will really hurt him but he will pretend it doesnt.
Criticise him about things you didn't really like too
I know it might seem petty but who cares
Just do the same to him but don't let it escalate into a slanging match or argument afterwars as that is what he really wants just to get a reaction like that from you but once you got it off your chest then you can ignore any other texts he sends afterwards.
Original post by Anonymous

Just wanted advice.

Aw I'm sorry, unfortunately I know the feeling. Just a few days ago I changed my profile picture to a picture of myself with a pretty, floral choker necklace on. My ex messages me saying 'oh wow.. surprising necklace you have on there', I asked why? :s-smilie:, he says 'oh me and my friends have always associated choker necklaces with girls that are sl*ts', I naturally ranted at him, and counted myself lucky to be well rid of an immature idiot who thinks such ignorant things.

My advice would be to just ignore it, if he doesn't stop just remove him from everything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending