The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know how to connect to the internet at Elms?
Reply 41
there should be an ethernet cable provided, most probably lying in one of your drawers. Plug one end into your computer, the other end into the ethernet port on the wall and hey presto, you have internet! If there's no cable in your room go to reception and ask for one and they should give you one.

when you open your browser you get a login page thing, you just use the QOL username and password you should already have been provided with.
Make sure you have already enrolled, I did the mistake in thinking when I first came that I could just go on the net straight away but because I hadn't enrolled I didn't have a username and password and had to wait until I did.
Ok thanks Mermania, I'll try that today!

Sharpshooter - do you mean attending that registration appointment before you can go on the net? I already have a login username and password but my enrollment isn't until Wednesday..
Usernames and passwords for accessing Queen's Online are given to people before they enroll. Maybe Sharpshooter is talking about something else.
Reply 45
Hiya all,

Name : Leanne
Subject : Medicine (Eeek)
Staying : Ormeau Rd, but flat hunting,

Just moved over from Dundee yesterday, looking for a permanent place for me and my cats, so far, I'm trying to not get lost in the big city!!!
Bap_on_wheels
Usernames and passwords for accessing Queen's Online are given to people before they enroll. Maybe Sharpshooter is talking about something else.

Well maybe your situation is different I had enrolled late and was told I wouldn't be given a username/password until I had completed my enrolment (I had to wait until the first week of the semester because I had missed my original appointment a few weeks prior to which everyone else did it).

But if you already have your username/password combo then you should be fine Innocent_Angel.
Reply 47
When I started they only gave you your username/password at enrolment, but I think I read somewhere on here that now they send you your QOL details with your welcome pack.
Yeah finally I've gotten on! You need this IP address to go onto and then log in with your details.
mermania
When I started they only gave you your username/password at enrolment, but I think I read somewhere on here that now they send you your QOL details with your welcome pack.
Yea, that's the way it is now. The username and password come in the same letter which has the enrollment date and time on it. It's needed to log in to register some details before the enrollment happens.
I still haven't got online. No laptop.

It's a long walk to the SU building, isn't it?
Oneupthebumdonttellmum
I still haven't got online. No laptop.

It's a long walk to the SU building, isn't it?

It's not one of the longest walks but I've been walking up and down between Elms and Queens, that it really isn't a very enjoyable walk! saying that, I might lose some weight with all this walking!
Reply 52
walking from Elms to Queens is the same distance as walking to the SU...they're right opposite each other after all.

I didn't mind the walk really, it only took about 10 minutes, if that.
Reply 53
Yeah its not too bad at the minute, but I imagine it will get very tedious. And on the winter mornings :frown:
mermania
walking from Elms to Queens is the same distance as walking to the SU...they're right opposite each other after all.

I've got short legs so it takes me about 15mins!
Innocent_Angel
It's not one of the longest walks but I've been walking up and down between Elms and Queens, that it really isn't a very enjoyable walk! saying that, I might lose some weight with all this walking!

Yeah, I would be losing weight too, except all the calories that come with beer is counter-productive. I don't need to lose weight anyway.
mermania

10 minutes? No way mate, it takes me at least 20 minutes to walk to the Ashby building, and it's closer than the main building.
Slow walker then! I would say it takes me 10-15 minutes at most from Elms, and most people who walk there are faster than me. I like walking, I mean I must be the only one who still uses the stairs in that place, even if it's all the way up to the 9th floor for a lab!
I'm too lazy to use the stairs. I'll only use them if I'm coming down.

Latest

Trending

Trending