The Student Room Group

Are Christmas lights tacky and chavy?

So when people decorate their houses with bright Christmas lights and displays, do you think they look tacky cheap and chavy or do you appreciate them?

Scroll to see replies

Tacky.
No way! I think Christmas lights are nice and decorate the room with a nice bit of ambient mood lighting. :yep:

Definitely not tacky/chavy.
I think that if it's just a few icicle lights or something like that then they can look quite nice, but if a house is covered in Santas and reindeer then it looks a bit silly.

There's a house near mine that puts up lots of Christmas lights and decorations every year, and I think one of them is supposed to be of Santa sitting on a swing. From a distance it's design makes it look like Santa has hanged himself though, and even though you shouldn't really joke about that kind of thing, it still makes me chuckle when I see it :lol:
Reply 4
Chavy would be stealing the lights from bicycles and using them as Christmas lights
Reply 5
if they're lights from b&m or poundworld yes, and it also depends on the house/area- you go down the proper posh estates, the nice cottage/picturesque houses, their lights look classy and festive. live near council houses and good god the inflatables look like hen-do sexdoll level quality.

"Chavvy" is *no* Christmas lights. Do you know anything? lol

I've never had Christmas lights in my life.

Except this yr, my mum taped some to the window :rofl:

She also put wrapping paper on the door :' )

*ngl it looks nice but idk what the neighbours think :biggrin:

Walking down the road you see a door, door, door..then wrapping paper. XD
(edited 7 years ago)
No...some are quite tasteful actually. Preferably those "warm" lights just hung along the perimeter of the front of the house. A nice wreath, jobs done.

Don't need to make your front terrace a disco though.

Gotta keep stuff in moderation. Like alcohol and tissues and stuff
@Nirvana1989-1994 do you guys have lights?
Original post by UWS
Chavy would be stealing the lights from bicycles and using them as Christmas lights

LMAO :toofunny:

So true
Original post by 0to100
@Nirvana1989-1994 do you guys have lights?

Yep, plus, OP's just being ridiculous, as usual. :rolleyes:
Original post by homeland.lsw
No...some are quite tasteful actually. Preferably those "warm" lights just hung along the perimeter of the front of the house. A nice wreath, jobs done.

Don't need to make your front terrace a disco though.

Gotta keep stuff in moderation. Like alcohol and tissues and stuff

We have a wreath and hung tinsel on the stair bannisters :colondollar:

I know one house has a huge snowglobe with a little town inside, it's as big as a bush, so annoying :colonhash: Like how ...did they even find that?
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Yep, plus, OP's just being ridiculous, as usual. :rolleyes:

:rofl: awwwwww did you help decorate? x lol
No I like them, I think they are really pretty.
Original post by 0to100
We have a wreath and hung tinsel on the stair bannisters :colondollar:

I know one house has a huge snowglobe with a little town inside, it's as big as a bush, so annoying :colonhash: Like how ...did they even find that?

We have a wreath and some decorations here and there. Nothing wrong with tinsel on the bannister...

image.jpg

I've got these bell things on my wardrobe and they jingle when I open it.

Seems OTT with the snow globe. Maybe they've got children and are trying to make it special for them. You'd be surprised what they sell in Homebase's and B&Q tho
Original post by 0to100
:rofl: awwwwww did you help decorate? x lol

No. :teehee:

Spoiler

Original post by homeland.lsw
We have a wreath and some decorations here and there. Nothing wrong with tinsel on the bannister...

image.jpg

I've got these bell things on my wardrobe and they jingle when I open it.

Seems OTT with the snow globe. Maybe they've got children and are trying to make it special for them. You'd be surprised what they sell in Homebase's and B&Q tho

:rofl:
@Nirvana1989-1994

look at my decorations! :toofunny:
Reply 18
Original post by 0to100
@Nirvana1989-1994

look at my decorations! :toofunny:

Whos garden did you steal them from chav boy?
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
No. :teehee:

Spoiler

musta been a big as surprise when you came home ini. I was like :zomg: in my head when I saw him but my mum was all :u: so I was like :top: looool

Quick Reply

Latest