Geography with Economics at LSE or Economics and Geography at UCL?

Watch
tanyan79
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everyone,

I am going to be a C2 student in just a few days' time (eep!) and I am seriously considering my uni choices. I am currently taking Geography, Economics, Mathematics and Chemistry for my As.

I have always been interested in Geography and am thankfully doing pretty well in the subject. Economics is also another subject I enjoy and am doing not too bad in, so I am considering studying both subjects together (since y'know it's always good to know a little econs in everything you do). I am wondering if it is wise to take up this joint (?) degree/honours? In terms of the difficulty of the degree, career prospects, etc.

Further context: I am interested in doing things related to human geography in the future, eg. urban planning, sustainable development. Is this a good direction to go towards?

And bringing on to my next question, Geog with Econs at LSE or Econs and Geog at UCL? I understand that LSE provides the major-minor degree while UCL provides 50/50 in both subjects (although the degree is BSc Econs? Hmm... don't quite understand this).

Heard that the social life at LSE is also meh... Anyone knows more about the social aspect at both LSE and UCL?

Thank you for your time. Appreciate all insights on these matters.
scarletttao
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello! I did apply for both unis but I guess the only major difference is the 50/50 vs major-minor?
tanyan79
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by scarletttao)
Hello! I did apply for both unis but I guess the only major difference is the 50/50 vs major-minor?
i hope you don't mind me asking, what degrees did you apply for and what are you planning to do in the future?
scarletttao
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I plan to get a job in the finance/business world! I believe that it's important you get a degree that you are really passionate about. The dream career can be achieved in steps I guess bc after my bachelors I'm planning to get an MBA or sth! I also applied for LSE Econs and UCL Basc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (108)
27.55%
England (134)
34.18%
Belgium (30)
7.65%
Germany (41)
10.46%
Spain (8)
2.04%