The Student Room Group

How to get over a crush you shouldn't have? :(

Basically, I can't stop thinking about this guy. Normal teenage girl problems, huh? NOPE!! He is in his thirties and has children and is a teacher at my sixth form. Now before anybody starts making silly comments saying that I have no chance with him, I KNOW!! I wouldn't dream of flirting with him or anything because I know it's so wrong to have a crush on him but I just can't stop thinking about him and imagining myself being with a younger version of him.

Usually during the day, I can distract myself. But at night I KEEP DREAMING ABOUT HIM. How do I stop him being in my dreams? I don't WANT to be obsessed with him but I guess I am :frown:

This has been going on for over two years btw, before anyone says I'll "get over it". Funny thing is- my crush on him started because he popped up in one of my dreams randomly!

Hooowwwww do I make this stop?????
Reply 1
Original post by GetsAHairyChest
Basically, I can't stop thinking about this guy. Normal teenage girl problems, huh? NOPE!! He is in his thirties and has children and is a teacher at my sixth form. Now before anybody starts making silly comments saying that I have no chance with him, I KNOW!! I wouldn't dream of flirting with him or anything because I know it's so wrong to have a crush on him but I just can't stop thinking about him and imagining myself being with a younger version of him.

Usually during the day, I can distract myself. But at night I KEEP DREAMING ABOUT HIM. How do I stop him being in my dreams? I don't WANT to be obsessed with him but I guess I am :frown:

This has been going on for over two years btw, before anyone says I'll "get over it". Funny thing is- my crush on him started because he popped up in one of my dreams randomly!

Hooowwwww do I make this stop?????
It's completely normal to have crushes like this at your age - and I daresay at any other.

You know you don't have a chance with him and that just reinforces the crush you have; it's naughty and wrong and socially unacceptable, and whatever else, and therefore you fixate on it more and more, and become more and more hung up on it and will (subconsciously - we all know you'll deny it) come up with ways in which you could have your way with him.

So, what I'd do (and am happy accepting that I'll get stick from others on here) is come up with a safe way in which you can play your fantasy out, without causing any trouble or harm. Write a story (for your own eyes only, of course) or something. Let it happen and finish in your own mind, and get over it that way.

Other than that, all I can say is that it will eventually run its course. It's happened to everyone and will carry on happening for as long as there are young people running around full of scary hormones. It might take a month, or a year, or (if it's really bad) it might take until after you've finished college. But it will run its course.
let me tell you. there is a teacher in my school also 30. and he just got married, except i told him that i found his attractive and he was pretty cool with it, idk if he seems like someone who like to speak to u then i think u should tell him that he is "fit" not so much attractive. using the slang we use just make everything seem minor!
and i told him!!

me: there are so many male teacher that are young and good looking, but tbh i think that your probably the fittest out of them all!1
sir: aww thanks, its nice to knw that someone find me attractive in this school!
me: sh*t then!!

hope this helps b x
Original post by Tootles
It's completely normal to have crushes like this at your age - and I daresay at any other.

You know you don't have a chance with him and that just reinforces the crush you have; it's naughty and wrong and socially unacceptable, and whatever else, and therefore you fixate on it more and more, and become more and more hung up on it and will (subconsciously - we all know you'll deny it) come up with ways in which you could have your way with him.

So, what I'd do (and am happy accepting that I'll get stick from others on here) is come up with a safe way in which you can play your fantasy out, without causing any trouble or harm. Write a story (for your own eyes only, of course) or something. Let it happen and finish in your own mind, and get over it that way.

Other than that, all I can say is that it will eventually run its course. It's happened to everyone and will carry on happening for as long as there are young people running around full of scary hormones. It might take a month, or a year, or (if it's really bad) it might take until after you've finished college. But it will run its course.

Awwww this has made me feel so much better and less like a creepy weirdo haha x :hugs:Thank you.
I feel guilty when I fantasise about him though :\
Original post by unillama
let me tell you. there is a teacher in my school also 30. and he just got married, except i told him that i found his attractive and he was pretty cool with it, idk if he seems like someone who like to speak to u then i think u should tell him that he is "fit" not so much attractive. using the slang we use just make everything seem minor!
and i told him!!

me: there are so many male teacher that are young and good looking, but tbh i think that your probably the fittest out of them all!1
sir: aww thanks, its nice to knw that someone find me attractive in this school!
me: sh*t then!!

hope this helps b x

Thank you for your reply, I'm glad I'm not the only one then! :smile:
Hmmm I don't think it's the best idea to tell him I find him attractive haha because he seems like quite a conservative guy. I think there are two types of attractive male teachers- The one's who embrace it and get quite a lot of attention so they don't mind and the one's who aren't seen as the stereotypical "fit teacher" so they don't really suspect that any of their students have a crush on them. He's definitely the second type! :tongue:
I'm just so intrigued by him though lol. Unfortunately I only see him once in a blue moon now as well :\

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending