Did anyone get invited to the BarCap fast track event next wed and thurs? Watch

sins55
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
So I was speaking to the recruiter the other week and they said that they were holding this fast track event next week (I believe wed and thurs) for IB 2008. Did anyone hear anything? I believe we shoulda heard at the start of this week.

If not I guess it'll be into the regular batch...
loggins
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I guess that's for people who did the Spring programme with BarCap?
sins55
Rep:
?
It's for the 2008 grad intake...I hear it comprises of people who came from internships and also their best grade apps...
rboogie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think this is how I got my barcap offer.
sins55
Rep:
?
(Original post by rboogie)
I think this is how I got my barcap offer.
Care to elaborate?
shady lane
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Don't all the banks fast track?
sins55
Rep:
?
(Original post by shady lane)
Don't all the banks fast track?
I guess so. I believe this is one of the years first assessment centres...
shady lane
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm not attending; I already have a job, and I'll be drunk all next week as dissertation day is Monday :p: You might find me standing on a table at a bar shredding a 40 page document on oil.
sins55
Rep:
?
I'm not attending; I already have a job, and I'll be drunk all next week as dissertation day is Monday :p: You might find me standing on a table at a bar shredding a 40 page document on oil.
Lol. Yeah I saw a few people doing that today on campus...still I don't know what all the fuss was about - we had to submit our dissertations two weeks before finals!
shady lane
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah but you numbers people...your dissertations are short and full of graphs and such. Our are all words...drives you mental spending 2 months reading and writing and hoping that you've made sense and actually contributed something unique. LSE is such a pressure cooker; everyone is comparing themselves to everyone else. Sucks sometimes
sins55
Rep:
?
Yeah but you numbers people...your dissertations are short and full of graphs and such. Our are all words...drives you mental spending 2 months reading and writing and hoping that you've made sense and actually contributed something unique. LSE is such a pressure cooker; everyone is comparing themselves to everyone else. Sucks sometimes
Haha, you wish it was just numbers. My dissertation was an entirely unique economic policy! So that required research (as per a usual dissertation), analysis (unlike a poli one ) and then the write up...You were heavily bound by the marks you could get if you simply did a literature review...but still i'm picking up what you're laying down.

I'd say that MSc Econ had it the worst for sure...but of course I would say that and we're both hugely subjective...but I think you know I'm right jokes.

Congrats in advance btw, i'm sure you'll do well.
shady lane
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
MSc Econ = my personal hell. Sounds like so much pressure and competition.

In my course, people want to do well because they want that job at the UN or to get into a PhD at Harvard. For those of us who 1) have jobs and 2) don't want to be academics, it's a little easier to relax
kb500
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by sins55)
So I was speaking to the recruiter the other week and they said that they were holding this fast track event next week (I believe wed and thurs) for IB 2008. Did anyone hear anything? I believe we shoulda heard at the start of this week.

If not I guess it'll be into the regular batch...
Is this a networking event or an assessment centre for people who have already applied via the fast track ?
sins55
Rep:
?
(Original post by kb500)
Is this a networking event or an assessment centre for people who have already applied via the fast track ?
The latter. They make job offers on the day.
Bleached
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
how would you get onto one of these?
fredstar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Anyone know the possibility of a high up trader associate at Barcap 'getting me on' this?
I am meeting up with a contact and wanting to know what he could do for me?
President_Ben
Report 12 years ago
Not a lot at this stage. Not that an associate is 'higher up' to be honest.
sins55
Rep:
?
*bump*

So...noone got invited? :confused:
President_Ben
Report 12 years ago
The other place is a bit better on this front.
sins55
Rep:
?
The other place?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
65.91%
No I haven't decided yet (36)
20.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.64%

Watched Threads