Buymoria
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Received offers from Bath and Bristol and I'm sure I'll get offers from Warwick and Durham for Economics and certainly its performance in league tables has slightly drawn me to Warwick but then again Bath's placement scheme is certainly appealing while I did really like Durham and its collegiate system while a close mate has got an offer from the same college I applied to.
TSRsuckyourmum
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Warwickk!!!!!
S2M
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Buymoria)
Received offers from Bath and Bristol and I'm sure I'll get offers from Warwick and Durham for Economics and certainly its performance in league tables has slightly drawn me to Warwick but then again Bath's placement scheme is certainly appealing while I did really like Durham and its collegiate system while a close mate has got an offer from the same college I applied to.
I think Warwick would be good for Economics.
Bostima
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Durham if you want to have the best experience along with good academics.
phoebeg76
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Last year I applied to, and received offers from, Bath Warwick and Durham and found it difficult to choose between them as well! I ended up choosing Durham, but I was slightly hesitant to at first, as the 'posh' reputation was not something I really wanted to experience as part of university life but the overall reputation of the academic side of the university convinced me. The collegiate system is amazing, like absolutely incredible. Words cannot describe how much I recommend Durham purely on the basis of the college system. Obviously Warwick has a great reputation for economics, but trust me the economics department at Durham is also very good (whilst I myself do not study economics, many of my friends do and enjoy it immensely). There are also placement schemes available through the university, but again I understand the draw of Bath on this aspect as I remember that was one of the main reasons I almost chose Bath over Durham.
Can I ask which college you applied to? Just curious is all
I would love to help if you have any questions about Durham, whether it be the university, the colleges or the city!
Anonymous #1
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by phoebeg76)
Last year I applied to, and received offers from, Bath Warwick and Durham and found it difficult to choose between them as well! I ended up choosing Durham, but I was slightly hesitant to at first, as the 'posh' reputation was not something I really wanted to experience as part of university life but the overall reputation of the academic side of the university convinced me. The collegiate system is amazing, like absolutely incredible. Words cannot describe how much I recommend Durham purely on the basis of the college system. Obviously Warwick has a great reputation for economics, but trust me the economics department at Durham is also very good (whilst I myself do not study economics, many of my friends do and enjoy it immensely). There are also placement schemes available through the university, but again I understand the draw of Bath on this aspect as I remember that was one of the main reasons I almost chose Bath over Durham.
Can I ask which college you applied to? Just curious is all
I would love to help if you have any questions about Durham, whether it be the university, the colleges or the city!
Hi, i have applied to warwick, durham, QMUL, kings and bristol for Economics and Politics BSc and have gotten into all. I am having a major problem deciding between 3 of them due to different aspects. Kings is offering political economy which is not the exact course i want but it is located in London and is well renowned and hence targeted by employers. QMUL, is offering a scholorship, has the exact course and is located in city. Lastly theres Durham. the only issues i have is the location since ive heard its a dead city, there are no working opportunities during the course and i dont know how well it is targeted by employers. I am extremely confused i hope someone can help me. Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (285)
56.32%
I don't have everything I need (221)
43.68%

Watched Threads