Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My possible Uni choices are:
QMUL (firm)
Bristol
Cardiff
St. Andrews
Glasgow
Birmingham

Are these any good for physics? I've chosen these according to affordability, as I'm an international student.
Colinj451
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by fandom-queen)
My possible Uni choices are:
QMUL (firm)
Bristol
Cardiff
St. Andrews
Glasgow
Birmingham

Are these any good for physics? I've chosen these according to affordability, as I'm an international student.
Interesting you have applied for a London university based on affordibility (it won't be at all affordable, the cost of living there will be very high) without knowing its reputation.
fandom-queen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
(Original post by Colinj451)
Interesting you have applied for a London university based on affordibility (it won't be at all affordable, the cost of living there will be very high) without knowing its reputation.
Oh, I haven't applied yet
The deadline is Jan 15th.
Colinj451
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Based on cost of living maybe Leeds, Lancaster, Newcastle, Nottingham, Leicester and Loughborough, also depends what type of physics you're interested in too
fandom-queen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
(Original post by Colinj451)
Based on cost of living maybe Leeds, Lancaster, Newcastle, Nottingham, Leicester and Loughborough, also depends what type of physics you're interested in too
Yeah. Hey, I have a question. In my PS, I should probably mention what I want to do in the future but the truth is, I have no idea. I really enjoy physics, but I don't really know WHAT I want to do in physics. I mean, without doing the course, how am I supposed to know what I want to pursue: atmospheric, quantum, astronomy etc?
Colinj451
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by fandom-queen)
Yeah. Hey, I have a question. In my PS, I should probably mention what I want to do in the future but the truth is, I have no idea. I really enjoy physics, but I don't really know WHAT I want to do in physics. I mean, without doing the course, how am I supposed to know what I want to pursue: atmospheric, quantum, astronomy etc?
Your PS is to demonstrate what interests you about physics now and why you want to study it, but nothing wrong in saying that you want to find out where you see your future by keeping your options open. Most courses also allow optional modules later in the course once you've decided where your specific interests lay and make a point about selling physics as a course that it allow it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.53%
No I haven't decided yet (59)
22.96%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.51%

Watched Threads