Someone please help me cgp ocr as chemistry

Watch
This discussion is closed.
emerge123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Basically I haven't purchased a cgp ocr as chemistry revision guide so I can't revise over the holidays
Is anyone kind and willing enough to give the code for theirs
Please help me would be a massive help
alow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by emerge123)
Basically I haven't purchased a cgp ocr as chemistry revision guide so I can't revise over the holidays
You don't need a revision guide to revise...
S2M
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by alow)
It's just because generally GCSE and A-Level students find CGP books helpful when revising.
S2M
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Watch YouTube Videos and use the internet.
alow
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by S2M)
It's just because generally GCSE and A-Level students find CGP books helpful when revising.
They're completely unnecessary and lack a lot of the detail required. Past exam questions and the textbook are all that is needed.
S2M
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by alow)
They're completely unnecessary and lack a lot of the detail required. Past exam questions and the textbook are all that is needed.
Yeah that is true. Is this how you revised for A-Levels?
alow
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by S2M)
Yeah that is true. Is this how you revised for A-Levels?
Yeah for everything but maths I did every single past paper and legacy paper and went through the markschemes.
S2M
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by alow)
Yeah for everything but maths I did every single past paper and legacy paper and went through the markschemes.
Oh right is that how you ended up with A*s at A-Level?
alow
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by S2M)
Oh right is that how you ended up with A*s at A-Level?
Exactly. There's no way you can be asked anything difficult at A Level (i.e. anything you actually have to think about), so if you're prepared then you can easily get very high marks.

For pretty much all of the papers I sat at A Level I finished them in under half the allocated time as I knew the exact phrases and points the mark scheme would ask for, meaning I could do long questions in 2-3 lines. That gives a lot of time to check for mistake in calculations.
Tima.H
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You should use the book the school has given you, do all the practice questions in the book, and then completes as many past papers as you can for the topics you've completed. If you are really stuck on a concept then search it on youtube as there are many useful chemistry videos or use websites such as chemguide. If you really want the CGP book you can find it in a school or local library or purchase it.
Good luck!
S2M
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by alow)
Exactly. There's no way you can be asked anything difficult at A Level (i.e. anything you actually have to think about), so if you're prepared then you can easily get very high marks.

For pretty much all of the papers I sat at A Level I finished them in under half the allocated time as I knew the exact phrases and points the mark scheme would ask for, meaning I could do long questions in 2-3 lines. That gives a lot of time to check for mistake in calculations.
No wonder your in Cambridge.
Halogen101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yh ill send you mine. Just transfer £30 to my paypal. Ill pm you with my email address
emerge123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Halogen101)
yh ill send you mine. Just transfer £30 to my paypal. Ill pm you with my email address
Not gonna happen seriously people I just asked a favour I didn't need revision tips tbh
emerge123
Rep:
?
(Original post by alow)
For me this is the best way to revise
Ze Witcher
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not gonna happen seriously people I just asked a favour I didn't need revision tips tbh
Make your notes from the actual textbook, using the specification to know if you need it or not. It would be better than using a condensed version that would cost you more money.
dvsn
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by alow)
Just because you didnt need it, doesnt mean theyre not useful. Dont be so ignorant and you've got a serious attitude problem.
dvsn
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ignore the other poster, revision guides are definitely good and i've found them very useful.
username2199397
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The OP is copying another post where a TSR user got a free online copy of the cgp guide from a friend.
alow advice is the best, all the question are straight to the point and the content can easily be learnt without the textbook.
emerge123 but if you prefer revising from guides, then buy it yourself!!!!!!!
Why should you expect someone to buy the book for you?
The Sikh Surgeon
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shohaib712)
The OP is copying another post where a TSR user got a free online copy of the cgp guide from a friend.
alow advice is the best, all the question are straight to the point and the content can easily be learnt without the textbook.
emerge123 but if you prefer revising from guides, then buy it yourself!!!!!!!
Why should you expect someone to buy the book for you?
Is this really TSR??

C'mon guys you're supposed to be helpful. emerge123 is only asking for the online code... not the actual textbook.

There's no harm in asking someone for a code if they're not gunna use it.

And yes you are right the content can be learnt without the textbook... but some people, including myself, prefer the information to be altogether, for example within a textbook.
unillama
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The Sikh Surgeon)
Is this really TSR??

C'mon guys you're supposed to be helpful. emerge123 is only asking for the online code... not the actual textbook.

There's no harm in asking someone for a code if they're not gunna use it.

And yes you are right the content can be learnt without the textbook... but some people, including myself, prefer the information to be altogether, for example within a textbook.
you know what i agree thats so vile of u guys.
sadly im doing aqa so i have no codes or i would have given you them
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (135)
42.19%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (37)
11.56%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.44%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (68)
21.25%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.63%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.94%

Watched Threads